Ashoka söker Venture & Fellowship Trainee
We are now looking for a driven, solutions-oriented,and creative thinker to assist our Venture and Fellowship Manager in growing our network of leading social entrepreneurs in Scandinavia.This role includes a wide range of tasks relating to supporting the election of new Ashoka Fellows and our engagement with these social entrepreneurs once they are brought into the Ashoka network. This role as Trainee in Venture and Fellowship is a one-year paid internship.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND ROLE
This person will work closely with our Venture and Fellowship Manager, playing a key role in building the systems and implementing the processes required to search, select, and support new Ashoka Fellows (leading social entrepreneurs) in Sweden, Norway, and Denmark. This person will be coordinating internal events relating to the Venture and Fellowship program as well as project-managing external events and key processes that are instrumental in identifying the leading social entrepreneurs across the region – and work with the support Ashoka provides in our fellowship program.
- Assist our Venture and Fellowship Manager in research, presentation preparations, nomination tracking, coordination of sessions about Ashoka’s search and selection process with external partners, and building strong materials to support Ashoka’s Venture and Fellowship program in Scandinavia.
- Coordinate and develop routines for Ashoka Scandinavia relating to the process for electing new Ashoka Fellows
- Support the Venture and Fellowship Manager in coordinating logistics of key Fellow and partner events, including the Fellow Selection Panel, Fellow Day, and other events with Fellows and key partners of Ashoka.
- Help in developing a strong system for tracking new Fellow nominations, conduct research on Fellow candidates and communicate with these individuals regarding their applications
- Support the Venture and Fellowship Manager in assessing Fellow candidates and their fit with the Ashoka criteria for election as Fellows
- Build relationships with Ashoka Fellows in Scandinavia and Ashoka’s broader community of supporters in Scandinavia
- Preferably a university degree in social science
- Knowledge about the social entrepreneurship landscape in Scandinavia
- Fluent in English and at least one of the Scandinavian languages
- A conceptual thinker and able to connect the dots to a pattern
- Practical and able to handle sometimes challenging and complex logistical issues
- Good writer and an excellent researcher
- Strong listener and must have a genuine interest in other people and their experiences
- Able to travel within the Scandinavian countries
- Skilled in the Microsoft office programs
- A personality that is proactive, positive and problem solving
- Professional and mature in your approach
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Become immersed in starting up and shaping Ashoka Scandinavia, one of the world's most recognized non-profit organizations. In 2012, Ashoka was ranked among the world's 100 leading NGO’s by The Global Journal.
- Work with the world's largest and first organization for social entrepreneurship and learn more about social entrepreneurship, social innovation, how to assess new ideas, and how to connect and support the world’s most systems changing entrepreneurs.
- Be part of a small, highly motivated team who is working to realize the vision of Ashoka.
- Meet and work with some of the world's leading social entrepreneurs - known as Ashoka Fellows.
- Work in a value-driven environment, have a lot of responsibility, develop and contribute to a society where more people have the tools to initiate and manage social change and their ideas.
- Develop knowledge of global trends in social innovation and how Ashoka fits into this global perspective.
- Meet and interact with the leaders in the field of social entrepreneurship across Scandinavia.
Ashoka is the world's largest organization for social entrepreneurs. We find people with new solutions to major societal challenges and help them and their ideas grow. For 30 years, we have elected over 3,000 Ashoka Fellows and helped them with financing, professional support, and accessing a network of other social entrepreneurs in over 70 countries. Our vision is a world where everyone is willing and able to take responsibility for solving social problems. We are politically and religiously independent and we do not receive state funding. During the summer of 2012, Ashoka opened an office in Stockholm covering Sweden, Norway and Denmark. Over the next three years we will continue to develop social entrepreneurship in Scandinavia, select at least 10 new Fellows and launch a our program which aims to encourage young people's social entrepreneurship.
WE WANT YOUR APPLICATION BY FEBRUARY 25TH
The start date will be as soon as possible. To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark your application “Venture and Fellowship Trainee”.
Ashoka is the world’s largest organization of social entrepreneurs. We find and support people with innovative solutions to urgent problems in society. For 30 years Ashoka has elected over 3000 Ashoka Fellows, providing them with living stipends, professional support and access to a global network in more than 70 countries. Ashoka envisions an Everyone a Changemaker world, that responds quickly and effectively to social challenges, and where each individual has the freedom, confidence and support to address any social problem. Ashoka is politically and religiously independent and does not accept public funding. Ashoka Scandinavia opened its office in Stockholm in 2012 and has elected 12 Ashoka Fellows. scandinavia.ashoka.org