Riverside Promotes Nine Professionals - Senior Staff Move Forward With Private Equity Firm
The Riverside Company, having set firm records for total acquisitions (36) and exits (14) in 2012, is announcing the promotion of nine professionals to partner, principal or director.
Co-CEO Béla Szigethy said the promotions are a good indication of the vibrancy of Riverside.
“In a dynamic and challenging private equity landscape, The Riverside Company is constantly striving to find and recognize superb employees. Riverside has navigated the difficult environment that’s continuing to shake up the private equity industry,” said Szigethy. “We’re thrilled to be able to reward and recognize the professionals who have helped us deliver results over these years.”
Co-CEO Stewart Kohl noted that the nine promotions were hard-earned and well deserved.
“Riverside has a wonderful tradition of growing our transacting talent to reinforce our unique culture. It’s important for us to encourage excellence and reward our best talent,” said Kohl. “That’s especially true now, as our industry becomes more competitive and doing great deals gets more difficult and more important every day. We’re grateful to have a wonderful global team, and we always enjoy promoting the best of them.”
Riverside’s promotions of senior professionals include:
- Joe Lee, to Partner. Lee started at Riverside in 2006, and has worked on six Riverside platform deals in addition to many add-ons. Lee was the lead transactor on the recent successful realization of Wildlife International. He is based in Cleveland.
- Jack Nestor, to Partner. Nestor began with Riverside in 2005, and has led seven platform deals for the firm, including the successful 2012 realization of HEALTHCAREfirst. Nestor is based in Cleveland.
- Peter Schaberger, to Partner. Schaberger has been with Riverside since 2005, and has led or been involved with the acquisition or management of seven platform companies, several add-ons and four exits. Schaberger is based in Munich.
- Lars Eriksson, to Principal, UK, Nordic & Baltic Countries, Origination. Eriksson has played a key role in the identification and acquisition of numerous opportunities in Europe since joining Riverside in 2007. He is based in Stockholm.
- Marty Graul, to Principal. Graul joined Riverside in 2007. In his Riverside career, he has worked on the acquisition of five platforms and three add-ons, in addition to four exits. He is based in Dallas.
- Jeremy Holland, to Principal, Origination. Holland joined Riverside in 2010. He has revitalized Riverside’s Origination presence in the West. Over the past two years, Holland has sourced and worked on six acquisitions. He is based in Los Angeles.
- Meranee Phing, to Principal. Phing joined Riverside in 2005, and has completed four platform and two add-on acquisitions, as well as four exits. She is based in San Francisco.
- Monica Chase, to Director, Fundraising & IR. Chase joined Riverside in 2007. She plays a key role on her team, having participated in the raising of six fund vintages, and working with investors globally for all four of Riverside’s fund families.
- Sarah Spencer, to Director, Strategic Analysis & Sourcing (SAS). Spencer has been with Riverside since 2005, and has played a key role in the successful efforts of SAS to identify efficiencies, reduce expenses and monitor portfolio performance. She is based in New York.
Graham P. Hearns
Managing Director of Marketing and Communications
The Riverside Company
The Riverside Company is a global private equity firm focused on acquiring growing businesses valued at up to $250 million (€200 million in Europe). Since its founding in 1988, Riverside has invested in more than 300 transactions. The firm’s international portfolio includes more than 75 companies.