Changes in Securitas Management
* In Security Services Europe and Security Systems Europe, we will increase the speed of refining the respective business - as time-sharing and specialized static guarding, alarm concepts for banks and large integrated systems. We will also enhance the combination of guard services and electronic systems - combined solutions. To support this and clarify responsibilities, Security Services is made overall responsible for the development of combined security solutions. In order to intensify cooperation, management for Services Europe and Systems Europe will be co-located to Stockholm and Stockholm is also made the development center for combined security solutions.
* In Security Services USA we have now come to the second phase. The last two years the focus has been on implementing Securitas way of organizing, running and monitoring the business. We now move into taking the refinement process further when it comes to client relations, service content and mix. We will also intensify the development of managers and management teams on branch and area level and their ability to generate sales and profit growth.
* Securitas Direct has during 2002 returned to its historical organic sales growth of 25 percent after successfully introducing the new consumer concept and integrating the acquisition of Belgacom Alert Services. Now the focus is on introducing Direct to new markets through organic startups. The base and the necessary resources for this expansion will be located to Copenhagen.
* In Cash Handling Services the immediate tasks are increased cost efficiency in the US operations, the turnaround in Germany and the successful completion of the cash management project in UK. Further, during 2003, a plan is to be formed for the future development and the joining of the US and European Cash Handling Services units into one. This includes the creation of a new management team for the joint Cash Handling Services. Until this new management team is formed, Cash Handling Services USA and Cash Handling Services Europe report to the Group CEO.
In order to support this development the following management changes have been decided:
- Tore K Nilsen, Divisional President Security Services Europe, will assume responsibility for the development of combined security solutions and relocate to Stockholm and co-locate with Systems in the new development center in Stockholm.
- Santiago Galaz, former Country President Spain and presently Divisional President Cash Handling Services Europe, will take on the responsibility for Security Services USA as Divisional President Security Services USA and relocate to New York.
- Juan Vallejo, Divisional President Security Systems Europe will assume the responsibility for the combined European and US systems businesses as Divisional President Security Systems. By combining the European and US systems businesses the exchange of know-how of running and developing the systems business will be intensified and thereby the expansion in this business area can be sped up.
- Johan Eriksson, presently President Cash Handling Services UK, the largest European cash handling unit, will take on the responsibility for Cash Handling Services Europe as Divisional President. He will also be responsible for forming and implementing the plan of combining the European and US cash handling units into one. Johan Eriksson will join the new management team for Cash Handling Services that is to be formed later this year.
Other changes in management:
- Amund Skarholt, Divisional President Security Services USA and deputy CEO of the Securitas Group, has successfully completed Securitas first step in the USA by implementing the Securitas way of organizing, running and monitoring the USA security services business. The second step for Securitas will require a total presence in the USA together with clients, operations and management, and Amund Skarholt has decided not to lead this process and instead move back to Norway and pursue other professional and personal interests. He will thereby leave Securitas.
- Don Walker, Chairman of Security Services USA, will continue as Chairman of Security Services USA.
- Bjorn Lohne is continuing as President Security Systems USA and will report to Juan Vallejo.
- Jim Mattly is continuing as President Cash Handling Services USA and will support Johan Eriksson in the forming of the combined cash-handling unit. Jim Mattly will join the new group management team for Cash Handling Services that is to be formed later this year.
The Securitas Group Management will after these changes consist of:
- Thomas Berglund, President and Chief Executive Officer,
- Håkan Winberg, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Santiago Galaz, Divisional President Security Services USA
- Tore K Nilsen, Divisional President Security Services Europe
- Dick Seger, Divisional President Direct
- Juan Vallejo, Divisional President Security Systems
3.00 p.m. (CET) March 12, 2003
Call-in number: +44 (0) 20 8240 8241
Host: Thomas Berglund, President and CEO, Securitas AB
Further information can be obtained from:
Thomas Berglund, President and CEO
+44 (0) 7712 069 598
Håkan Winberg, Executive Vice President and CFO
+44 (0) 7990 562 582
Henrik Brehmer, Senior Vice President Investor Relations
+44 (0) 20 8432 6523
+44 (0) 7884 117 192
Back-up telephone number, please call
+44 (0) 20 8432 6552
The press release is also available on: www.securitasgroup.com
Securitas is a World leader in Security providing guarding services, alarm systems and cash handling services. Securitas has more than 200.000 employees in 30 countries in USA and Europe.
Thomas Berglund b. 1952 CV, Senior Management
Employed by Securitas since 1984
1993 President and CEO, Securitas AB
1988 Executive Vice President, Securitas AB
Håkan Winberg b. 1956
Employed by Securitas since 1985
1995 Executive Vice President and CFO, Securitas AB
1985 Chief Financial Officer, Securitas AB
Santiago Galaz b. 1959
Employed by Securitas since 1995
2003 Divisional President, Security Services USA
2000 Divisional President, Cash Handling Services Europe
1997 Country President, Securitas Spain
1995 Guarding Manager, Securitas Spain
Tore K. Nilsen b. 1956
Employed by Securitas since 1988
2001 Divisional President, Security Services Europe
1999 Executive Vice President, Securitas AB
1994 Managing Director, Securitas AS, Norway
1991 Area Manager, Oslo, Securitas AS
1989 Area Manager, Rogaland, Securitas AS
1988 Branch Manager, Stavanger, Securitas AS
Dick Seger b. 1953
Employed by Securitas since 1984
1997 Divisional President, Direct (Europe)
1988 President, Securitas Direct AB, Sweden
1984 Export Manager, Securitas Security Systems
Juan Vallejo b. 1957
Employed by Securitas since 1990
2003 Divisional President, Security Systems
2001 Divisional President, Security Systems Europe
2000 Head of operations in Nordic Countries, Securitas
1997 Country President, Securitas Sweden
1992 Country President, Securitas Spain
1990 Country President, Securitas Portugal
Johan Eriksson b. 1965
Employed by Securitas since 1992
2003 Divisional President, Cash Handling Services, Europe
2001 Country President, Cash Handling Services, UK
1999 Country President, Cash Handling Services, Sweden
1994 Financial Controller, Cash Handling Services, Sweden
1992 Financial Controller, Securitas Guarding in Sweden