Building a Better Business
12th September 2012
Building a Better Business will be a flexible event where delegates can pick and choose the elements they want to participate in
Keeping ahead of the competition is always challenging, and as a business owner you need to make sure you’re doing everything possible to ensure success.
The Building a Better Business event at Lincoln College on 1st November will offer Lincolnshire firms advice on subjects including harnessing the power of PR; building a strong balance sheet; workforce development; funding; pensions and social media and digital marketing.
The idea is to arm established businesses with the skills to grow and develop in a challenging economy. Building a Better Business is being organised by the Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with Lincolnshire County Council, accountancy firm Streets, Lincoln College, Ruddocks and Shooting Star PR.
Simon Beardsley, Chief Executive of the Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce, said: “This event is a chance to access some excellent advice from experts right on the doorstep.
“There are many very good events held throughout the year, but we find that businesses often struggle to send a member of staff to an event for a whole day, especially if there are only certain elements they are interested in or that are relevant to their company.
“Building a Better Business will be a flexible event where delegates can pick and choose the elements they want to participate in. They won’t have to spend a whole day away from the office, but can instead come and go as they please.
“However, there will be so much useful advice on offer that many delegates will want to stay for the whole day.”
There will be specialist guest speakers and practical workshops for people to take part in.
By the end of the day it is hoped that delegates will have learned some new skills and new strategies which will help them to move their business forward in future.
The event is on between 9.15am and 4.15pm.
To book your free place call Natasha Clegg on 01522 846920 or email
There is also space for up to 30 Lincolnshire businesses to have a stall at the event for just £50 + VAT. To book an exhibition stand contact Natasha at the Chamber.
Notes to Editors
- Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce represents members across Lincolnshire at a local, regional and national level on matters concerning trade, commerce and industry and lobbying. It works to promote the buying and selling of goods and services and beneficial contacts between members, as well as to facilitate networking, forums and events to enable members to exchange ideas, information, views and business practice.
- Streets Charters Accountants and Tax Advisors is a UK top 40 firm of Chartered Accountants servicing the needs of clients for accountancy and audit work. Visit www.streetsweb.co.uk for more.
- Lincolnshire County Council is the largest local authority in the county, covering issues ranging from education and transport to libraries and heritage. Find out more at www.lincolnshire.gov.uk
- Lincoln College provides further education for those over the age of 16 on a wide range of courses. Visit www.lincolncollege.ac.uk/ for more.
- Shooting Star is one of the leading public relations agencies in Lincolnshire. Based in Lincoln, the agency works for local and national public and private sector clients across a wide range of industries including education, leisure and tourism, property, retail, finance, manufacturing and construction. Visit www.shootingstar-pr.co.uk for more.