Established Business Network Comes to Lincoln
8th August 2013
The Business Network, now celebrating its 20th year of operating in the UK, will launch its first Lincoln group in September.
Guests attending the launch at Lincoln venue Jocasta’s will be welcomed by host of the Business Network Lincoln, Francesca Marritt.
Francesca is passionate about supporting local businesses in the city, encouraging established business to remain in Lincoln and championing commitment to the local business community.
She also strives to become Lincoln’s very own ‘business match-maker’ by using the networking sessions to foster mutually beneficial relationships between relevant businesses.
“We have been members of The Business Network for many years and so jumped at the chance to host the Lincoln sessions,” said Francesca. “We are delighted to be bringing to the city a long-standing, successful networking format with a difference.
“We believe that the passion, expertise and commercial awareness that come with membership of The Business Network will be perfect for Lincoln, which is fast becoming a hub for business and is expanding at an incredible rate.”
The event will start with an optional seminar - How to Become a More Confident and Effective Networker - by expert Will Kintish, who will give best practice tips on the art of networking.
“These seminars are just one of the unique features of the Business Network’s sessions,” explained Francesca. “While many business clubs have speakers’ presentations, ours are relevant full-length seminars that give members a new insight on a subject or new skills to take back to the office. The seminar topics can range from finance to PR tips and they are always presented by experts.”
Following the seminar, at 12:30pm, guests will sit down to a two-course lunch, during and after which they will have a chance to speak to other delegates until the 2:30pm finish.
The launch event runs from 9:30am to 2:30pm on Thursday 12th September and is open exclusively to senior decision-makers from Lincoln businesses. Tickets are priced at £32.95 per person, 10% of which will be donated to two local charities, Jerry Green Dog Rescue and When You Wish Upon a Star.
Notes to editors:
- Founded in 1993, The Business Network hosts monthly networking events across the UK.
- The events and membership are open to senior decision-makers only, to ensure members can network with more relevance.
- Each monthly meeting includes a two-hour seminar on a business topic and a two-course lunch for networking afterwards.
- The Business Network Lincoln will launch at Lincoln venue Jocastas on 12th September 2013.
- Stuart and Francesca Marritt will be the hosts of The Business Network Lincoln.
- For more information on The Business Network, visit http://www.business-network.co.uk, or for the Lincoln branch, http://www.business-network-lincoln.co.uk.