Financial Advice for NHS Practice Managers
7th January 2013
We know that 2013 is going to be a challenging year for the NHS, so we thought the best approach would be to arrange some dedicated events where NHS practice managers can get sound advice from the experts
A major shake-up in the NHS this spring will bring financial challenges for NHS practice managers everywhere.
Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) will be abolished on 31st March 2013 and replaced by clinical commissioning groups made up of GPs. To add to the burden of change within the NHS, HM Revenue & Customs is introducing major changes to payrolls and pensions and is looking into VAT anomalies too.
To help NHS practice managers cope with these and other changes leading chartered accountants Duncan & Toplis will be staging two finance update events next month.
The Finance Updates for Practice Managers are being staged in conjunction with the Royal Bank of Scotland and will provide those attending with expert guidance in areas such as VAT, PAYE and pensions.
The first event on Monday 4th February will take place at The Petwood in Woodhall Spa and the second will be held on Monday 11th February at Greetham Valley near Oakham.
Both events run from 9.30am until 3pm and include a buffet lunch.
Among the speakers will be:
Christine Newitt, Duncan & Toplis VAT update (for VAT-registered practices)
Simon Syddall, Duncan & Toplis Understanding your practice accounts
Joanne Gale, Duncan & Toplis Preparing for Real Time Information (RTI)
Steve Partridge, Fairway Training Understanding NHS pension scheme administration
Debbie Smith, Royal Bank of Scotland Bank funding for your practice
Ruth Ingman, Utilios Effective management of practice resources
“We look after around 50 NHS practice clients so NHS finance is an area in which we have a high level of expertise,” said Christine Newitt from the Boston office of Duncan & Toplis.
“We know that 2013 is going to be a challenging year for the NHS, and some of our clients have already been asking for help with issues such as VAT and Real Time Information reporting of PAYE.
“The introduction of RTI and auto-enrolment will add additional administration burdens for practices, and HMRC has also undertaken a number of VAT visits to practices in Lincolnshire to address anomalies within the guidance for dispensing practices.
“We thought the best approach would be to arrange some dedicated events where NHS practice managers can get sound advice from the experts.”
To book your free place visit http://woodhallspa.eventbrite.co.uk for Monday 4th February or http://greetham.eventbrite.co.uk for Monday 11th February.
Notes to editors
- Duncan & Toplis was established in 1925 and has since grown into one of the largest independent firms of chartered accountants in the Midlands.
- It offers a wide range of services to small, medium and large-sized family businesses, from accountancy, audit and tax to payroll, human resources and computer services.
- Duncan & Toplis specialises in the medical sector and has over 25 years’ experience of working with healthcare professionals.
- It is a member of the Association of Independent Specialist Medical Accountants (AISMA) and the ICAEW Healthcare Group.
- The practice employs around 300 staff, of whom 85 are currently engaged in professional training.
- Duncan & Toplis is listed in the top 30 UK accountancy practices in Accountancy magazine.