Grab a Bargain at the Age UK Lincoln Fashion Show
27th June 2013
Fashion fans will have the opportunity to buy discounted high street clothing at the Age UK Lincoln charity fashion show next month.
After watching a catwalk show featuring new end-of-season clothing from Wallis, Marks & Spencer, Next and other high street retailers, guests will be able to purchase their favourite items for half price or less.
The event will take place on Wednesday 10th July from 7pm at the Priory Centre in St Catherine’s, Lincoln. Doors open at 6.30pm.
Age UK Lincoln’s Marketing and Fundraising Manager, Georgina Garrett, said: “The fashion show promises to be a great night, and it’s the perfect excuse to get together with friends or colleagues for a midweek treat.
“The clothes we have on offer are absolutely amazing value and all come from big name high street favourites.”
All proceeds will go to Age UK Lincoln’s ‘Build a Brighter Future’ campaign to raise funds for the redevelopment of the charity’s Park Street centre, which recently celebrated its 55th anniversary.
The premises are being modernised and the head office staff will be relocated from Sixfield Close to a new extension of the centre.
So far, funding has been raised through the sale of the current Age UK Lincoln head office and through a grant of £200,000 from the Bradbury Foundation. The rest has come from the charity’s own reserves.
However, there are still many aspects of the build that Age UK Lincoln doesn’t yet have funding for, such as a new roof and a new boiler. The missing items are vital to the comfort and wellbeing of the centre’s 1,800 weekly customers.
Park Street Activity Centre offers a wide range of services for older people, including friendship clubs, classes, a subsidised restaurant and a hairdresser. There is also an IT suite, a café and an information and advice service.
Tickets are £4 each and include a cup of tea or coffee. A range of home-made cakes will also be available for just £1.50 each.
To book tickets for this event call 01522 527694 or buy them from the Age UK activity centre on Park Street or the Age UK head office on Sixfield Close.
Notes to editors:
• Age UK Lincoln is an independent charity which is part of the national Age UK network. Registered charity number 1078539.
• This year Age UK Lincoln will celebrate its 55th anniversary on 7th June 2013.
• Age UK Lincoln’s aim is to enable people to lead full and active lives and stay safe and independent within their homes.
• The activity centre on Park Street, Lincoln is free to attend for people over 50 and doesn’t require membership. It offers activities such as language or art classes, dancing, computer skills, friendship clubs and more.
• The activity centre also offers free information and advice on issues such as finance, benefits, housing options and personal budgets.
• More information can be found at www.ageuk.org.uk/lincoln/
For media information please contact: