GRAB SOME GOOD GRUB AT EVENTUS
20th April 2011
The Fields Café is the latest venture to take root at business and innovation centre Eventus in Market Deeping.
The centre aims to encourage local enterprise in south Lincolnshire and has so far rented out 16 units to tenants since it opened nine months ago.
Owner of The Fields Café Brian Brown said: “It was a complete no-brainer to open the café in Eventus. It’s the perfect location and was a great opportunity to start a business up from scratch.
“If people want to pop in for a coffee we have lovely leather sofas you can just flop onto and enjoy a drink!”
Brian cooks everything himself at The Fields Café which serves a variety of food including a daily special and all-day breakfasts.
He also plans on rolling out his latest venture – the Brown Bag Lunch – in the coming weeks. Customers in the local area can just call or email the café and ask for a Brown Bag Lunch which the café will deliver for just £3.25.
The Fields Café is open from 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday and from 9am to 3pm on Saturdays.
Eventus is the latest in a network of business incubation and innovation centres developed by Lincolnshire County Council and its partners in the last four years. Other centres include Mercury House in Gainsborough, The Terrace, Think Tank and Sparkhouse Studios in Lincoln and Boston and Louth Enterprise Centres.
The £4.3 million centre was named Eventus after the Roman God of success in commerce and in agriculture and was funded by Lincolnshire County Council, emda, the European Regional Development Fund and South Kesteven District Council.
Yvonne Kent, Centre Manager at Eventus, said: “The addition of The Fields Café has added another dimension to our already successful business centre in Market Deeping.
“Eventus has seen strong growth in occupancy since its opening in July 2010 and is becoming a conference venue of renown in the area.
“The Fields Café will complement the full support to businesses that we offer in the centre, as well as attract custom from local businesses who wish to eat in a superb setting. Dining at the café is a pleasure and can only enhance the reputation that Eventus is gaining.”
Eventus is comprised of a large open ground-floor office space, a café, conference and meeting facilities and 37 smaller units to let on the first and second floors.
The centre features a full reception service, 24-hour access, free parking, access to fax and photocopying services, HD video conferencing, access to a fully fitted kitchen and high-speed broadband Internet.
If you would like more information about Eventus and tenancies contact the business centre on 01778 382700.
Notes to editors
- Businesses at Eventus include:
- JDB Tax and Business Advisors Ltd, Accountants
- Steve Pye & Co Ltd, Accountants
- Scott Porter Financial Ltd, Mortgage Broker and Protection Consultants
- Figures UK Ltd, Accountancy and other Services
- Penlan Medical Ltd, Medical Devices Distribution
- Dorward Media Ltd, Website Developer
- Ubitrac Ltd, Specialists in the Development and Sales of Mobile Handset Tracking
- Straightahead Telemarketing Ltd
- Global Design Sourcing, Importer / Manufacturer
- PEMCO Ltd, Property Compliance and Support Services
- Funding for the project was provided as follows: Lincolnshire County Council (£2.4 million), emda (£1.1 million), European Regional Development Fund (£500,000) and South Kesteven District Council (£300,000)
- In Roman mythology Eventus Bonus, which translates from Latin as ‘good ending’, was a god of success both in commerce and in agriculture. He ensured profits and good harvests and had a temple in Rome and a statue on the Capitoline Hill
For more information about this news release please contact: