Kids ‘Amoosed’ by Cool Milk Cow
26th April 2013
Children and staff at Lullabyz Nursery in Newport welcomed a special guest on Thursday after winning a competition during Healthy Body, Happy Me week (11th to 17th March).
Amoolia the Cool Milk cow visited the nursery on Tregare Street in Newport on Thursday 17th April to meet the toddlers and talk to them about milk and where it comes from.
To enter the competition, run by the National Day Nursery Association (NDNA), nurseries had to explain why they would like a visit from Amoolia.
Purnima Tanuku OBE, Chief Executive of the National Day Nurseries Association, said: “We were delighted to offer visits from Amoolia the cow as prizes as part of our annual healthy lifestyles campaign week Healthy Body, Happy Me. Our winners had fun meeting Amoolia as well as learning about the importance of healthy eating and how drinking milk helps children grow strong bones.”
During Healthy Body, Happy Me week each day has a special theme. This year Cool Milk sponsored Moos-day Tuesday – a day of activities to help children learn about the benefits of drinking milk as part of a healthy diet and the importance of brushing their teeth.
Managing Director of Cool Milk John Sedgwick explained: “We were delighted to support the NDNA campaign as we understand the importance of teaching children about healthy living from a young age to give them the best possible start in life.
“Part of our aim as the UK’s leading supplier is to promote the health benefits of drinking milk at school. Milk is an excellent source of protein and calcium which are essential to a healthy diet as they help our bodies grow and repair themselves and keep our bones strong.”
Notes to editors:
- Milk is a great source of nearly every vitamin and mineral of nutritional importance to humans, especially for children of a young age.
- For the top ten reasons to drink school milk go to www.coolmilk.com/whyschoolmilk
- Cool Milk is one of the UK’s leading school milk suppliers and works in partnership with local authorities nationwide, serving thousands of children with fresh milk daily.
- Its aim is to provide every child in early years and primary education with the opportunity to drink fresh milk every day .
- The Cool Milk scheme is administration-friendly and cost-free and is designed to make providing school milk quick and simple for schools and nurseries.
- For more information visit www.coolmilk.com
Shooting Star PR