MINI Roadster Now Available for Disability Drivers
16th July 2012
Disabled motorists using the Government-funded Motability scheme can drive away in a MINI convertible which was launched just five months ago thanks to new deals at Astle MINI in Grimsby.
The dealership is offering the two-seater MINI Cooper Roadster, which was first available on 25th February, as part of its latest packages for those using the disability service. People would make a one-off advance payment of £1,699 for the car, and then use their Higher Rate Mobility or The War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement allowance to cover the costs of the new vehicle.
More affordable deals are also available, including include the classic MINI One model for a zero advance payment, or the MINI Cooper for £49.
“The MINI Cooper Roadster has proved very popular since it was launched and we are delighted to be able to offer all drivers a chance to enjoy it,” said Group Marketing Manager Heather Robertson.
“People on the scheme can lease a car over a three-year period, and the car rental includes insurance, servicing and maintenance, RAC breakdown cover, free replacement tyres and window or windscreen repair or replacement.
“The range of cars we have available for drivers using the Motability scheme is vast and we do have prices to meet all pockets. Even if you don’t drive, you can still take advantage of the scheme by nominating up to two drivers. Similarly, parents and carers can also apply on behalf of a child. The only difficulty you may well come across is trying to decide on the best car for you!”
For those looking for a different kind of top-quality car, the BMW 118d M Sport Coupé can be picked up as part of the same scheme for an advance payment of £1,399, at Astle BMW, also based at the Grimsby Road showroom.
Drivers can also have added confidence that their needs will be dealt with professionally and quickly; MINI was awarded the prestigious honour of Motability Manufacturer Partner at last year’s Motability Supplier Awards, while BMW is a Premier Partner.
Other offers available include the Mini One Convertible for a £99 advance payment, the BMW 316d SE Saloon is available for an advance payment of £1,899 or the even more luxurious BMW 318i SE Coupe for £2,699.
A team of trained specialists is on hand to answer any questions you might have about taking part in the scheme.
Notes to editors
- The advance payment is the non-refundable amount payable up front to the dealer in addition to your weekly mobility allowance. It represents the difference between the amount your allowance covers over the three-year agreement period and the overall cost of the car you choose.
- The Higher Rate Mobility Component (HRMC) of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is currently £54.05 per week. The War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS) is valued at £60.40 per week.
- The rate awarded depends on individual circumstances and is assessed by the Government.
- The MINI Roadster is the sixth model to join the MINI line-up which also includes the MINI Hatch, Convertible, Countryman and Clubman.
- The models and prices included in the Motability scheme are:
|BMW 118d M Sport Coupé||£1,399|
|BMW 116d ED/ES||£1,499|
|BMW 118d SE||£1,599|
|BMW 316d SE Saloon||£1,899|
|BMW X1 xDrive18d M Sport||£1,999|
|BMW X1 sDrive20d EfficientDynamics||£1,999|
|BMW 118i/118d M Sport Convertible||£1,999|
|BMW 118i/118d ES Convertible||£1,999|
|BMW 318i SE Coupe||£2,699|
|MINI Cooper Clubman||£99|
|MINI One Convertible||£99|
|MINI One Countryman||£99|
|MINI Cooper Coupe||£1,699|
|MINI Cooper Roadster||£1,699|
- Astle BMW and Astle MINI are part of The Crystal Motor Group which is the largest privately owned car dealer group in Lincolnshire and one of the leading suppliers of BMW, MINI, Nissan and Renault in the county. Visit www.crystalmotorgroup.com for more.