Royal Visitor to Bring a Touch Of Glass
28th August 2012
It is a great honour for us to welcome the Duke to our factory and we are looking forward to showing him how the glass process works and what Beatson Clark can offer to the marketplace
Glass manufacturer Beatson Clark will welcome a royal visitor to its plant in Rotherham, South Yorkshire next month.
Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester KG GCVO, will tour the factory on Thursday 6th September to see how £10 million of recent investments, including a new white flint (clear glass) furnace, have improved operations at the factory.
He will be one of the first people to inspect the new £5.4m furnace, which went into full operation earlier this month.
Beatson Clark employees will explain the glass-making process to the Duke as he looks round the factory, and the Duke will also have lunch with members of the company’s Board of Directors.
He will unveil a plaque to commemorate his visit and sign the visitors’ book before continuing on a tour which will also include a visit to Rotherham Hospice on Broom Road and a garden party in Clifton Park.
“It is a great honour for us to welcome the Duke to our factory and we are looking forward to showing him how the glass process works and what Beatson Clark can offer to the marketplace,” said Lynn Sidebottom, Sales and Marketing Director at Beatson Clark.
Beatson Clark makes glass containers for a wide range of household brands, including Crabbie’s, Bell’s Buttercup, Lyle’s Golden Syrup and Lemsip.
Advice for Media
- Reporters and photographers are welcome to attend Beatson Clark on Greasborough Road, Rotherham S60 1TZ at 1300 on Thursday 6th September
- Please arrive no earlier than 1250 and no later than 1300
- Members of the media should report to reception on arrival
- Places are limited
- Please advise Shooting Star PR that you intend to come along by calling 01522 528540
Notes to editors:
- Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester KG GCVO, is the youngest grandchild of King George V and Queen Mary. The Duke of Gloucester carries out royal engagements on behalf of his cousin, Queen Elizabeth II.
- Beatson Clark specialises in providing glass packaging solutions for niche brands in the food, drink and pharmaceutical markets worldwide. The key to its success has been flexibility, innovation and the high quality of its containers.
- Beatson Clark’s customers are at the core of its business and the company is proud of the long-standing partnerships it has developed thanks to the outstanding level of service it offers.
- Beatson Clark has a turnover of £44 million and a production capacity of approximately 496 million units or 88,000 tonnes.
- It has ISO 9001:2000, BRC/IOP Food Packaging Hygiene Standard and OHSAS 18001:1999 Occupational Health & Safety Standard and its manufacturing capability has an emphasis on flexibility to facilitate short tailored production runs. It has a UK distribution centre located in Rotherham.