Shooting Star PR to Grow with Farming Client
21st March 2013
One of the UK’s leading farmers’ buying groups has taken on Shooting Star PR to help raise its profile.
Woldmarsh, a farmer-owned agricultural buying group based in Louth, Lincolnshire, works on behalf of its members to secure products which offer value for money in a range of farming sectors. The not-for-profit organisation has appointed Lincoln-based Shooting Star PR to raise its profile among the farming community in the region.
Products covered by Woldmarsh range from machinery and fertiliser to mobile phones, vehicles and seed. The organisation works in conjunction with other groups of a similar nature to ensure it can achieve more benefits for its members. The membership policy is closely governed to ensure Woldmarsh represents those in the farming sector which share its views and ethos.
Shooting Star PR will now work closely with Woldmarsh to develop a PR strategy which will include launching new strands of the business, creating news releases, writing features and highlighting high-profile events the organisation plans to attend.
Stuart McKenzie, Chief Executive for Woldmarsh, said: “We are a prominent agricultural co-operative serving 800 plus farmers in the surrounding counties, and we wanted to look at public engagement. Shooting Star PR were ideally placed to promote our services as they have existing clients in our sector and knowledge of our key operational area.
“As a co-operative, Woldmarsh understands the concept of collaborative working to obtain maximum benefit for its members. Shooting Star PR also understands this and will be key to us achieving our objectives.”
The addition of Woldmarsh adds to an already impressive list of farming sector experience for Shooting Star PR, which has previously worked for the Lincolnshire Agricultural Society, Shire Farm, one of the largest biodynamic farms in the UK, Alltech, a major animal feed company based in Stamford, and the working farm and visitor attractions of Rand Farm Park and Tattershall Farm Park.
Cerri Delaney, Account Manager at Shooting Star PR, said: “When we met with the Woldmarsh team we were really impressed by their enthusiasm and we’re delighted that we’ll be working with them in 2013.
“Woldmarsh is a perfect fit with our previous experience in the farming sector and is part of our strategy to focus on sectors in which we have already established good contacts and expertise.”
Other clients currently on Shooting Star PR’s roster include glass manufacturer Beatson Clark, chartered accountants Duncan & Toplis, DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, Bishop Grosseteste University, Cool Milk, The Old Station Nursery and the Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership.
Notes to editors:
- Shooting Star PR was founded in 2006 by Kate Strawson and Jez Ashberry and became incorporated as a company limited by guarantee in 2007.
- Based in Lincoln, Shooting Star PR works for local and national public and private sector clients across a wide range of sectors including education, leisure and tourism, property, retail, finance, manufacturing and construction.
- Woldmarsh was formed in 1961 and now boasts more than 800 members nationwide from Lincolnshire and Yorkshire to the Isle of White. It traded £112 million of goods and services last year.
- The organisation is able to source competitively priced products from suppliers for people in the agricultural industry, allowing members to enjoy a stronger negotiating position than that of a single farmer.
- It is a ‘one stop shop’ for agricultural products and services, with particular expertise in chemical, fertiliser, fuel and seed.
- Woldmarsh is a not-for-profit organisation and all savings are returned to members.