Six month report, January–June 2018
January-June 2018 compared to January-June 2017
Highlights according to segment reporting
- Revenue amounted to SEK 79.5 billion (79.1); adjusted for currency effects revenue increased 1 percent.
- Operating income decreased 41 percent to SEK 1.9 billion (3.3); no currency effects.
- Earnings per share decreased 47 percent to SEK 3.89 (7.35).
- Operating cash flow from operations amounted to SEK –0.3 billion (–0.3), according to IFRS.
- Operating net financial assets totaled SEK 6.5 billion (March 31, 2018: 9.3), according to IFRS.
- Order bookings in Construction decreased 15 percent to SEK 71.9 billion (84.5); no currency effects. The order backlog amounted to SEK 197.6 billion (March 31, 2018: 190.9).
- Operating income in Construction amounted to SEK 0.5 M (0.5).
- Operating income in Project Development (Residential, Commercial Property and Infrastructure) decreased 43 percent to SEK 1.9 billion (3.3); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 44 percent.
- Return on capital employed in Project Development was 14.3 percent (16.5).
- Net investments in Project Development amounted to SEK –0.5 billion (–0.2), according to IFRS.
This report will also be presented via a telephone conference and an audiocast at 10:00 a.m. (CET) on July 20, 2018. The telephone conference will be audiocasted live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 505 564 74, +44 203 364 5374, or +1 855 753 2230. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.
For further information, please contact:
Magnus Persson, Executive Vice President and CFO, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8900
André Löfgren, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 1363
Karolina Cederhage, Senior Vice President, Communications, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 0880
Edvard Lind, Group Press Officer, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8808
The information provided herein is such as Skanska AB is obligated to disclose pursuant to the EU market securities act (EU) no. 596/2014.
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and project development companies, focused on selected home markets in the Nordics, Europe and USA. Supported by global trends in urbanization and demographics, and by being at the forefront in sustainability, Skanska offers competitive solutions for both simple and the most complex assignments, helping to build a sustainable future for customers and communities.