Year-end report, January–December 2017
Skanska year-end report, January-December 2017 (compared to January-December 2016)
Highlights according to segment reporting
• Revenue increased 6 percent and amounted to SEK 160.8 billion (151.3), with no currency effects.
• Operating income decreased 33 percent and amounted to SEK 5.5 billion (8.2), with no currency effects.
• Earnings per share decreased 24 percent to SEK 12.01 (15.89).
• The Board of Directors propose a dividend of SEK 8.25 (8.25) per share.
• Operating cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 2.9 billion (–1.2), according to IFRS.
• Operating net financial assets totaled SEK 9.7 billion (September 30, 2017: 6.2), according to IFRS.
• Order bookings in Construction decreased 11 percent and amounted to SEK 151.8 billion (170.2); with no currency effects. The order backlog amounted to SEK 188.4 billion (September 30, 2017: 194.7).
• Operating income in Construction amounted to SEK 1.2 billion (3.5), corresponding to an operating margin of 0.8 percent (2.6); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 65 percent. Operating income was negatively affected by impairment charges of about SEK 1.0 billion and project write-downs of about SEK 1.5 billion.
• Operating income in Project Development (Residential, Commercial Property and Infrastructure Development) decreased 7 percent and amounted to SEK 5.4 billion (5.8); with no currency effects.
• Return on capital employed in Project Development was 14.5 percent (18.4).
• Net divestments in Project Development amounted to SEK 0.8 billion (0.8), according to IFRS.
This report will also be presented via a press conference and webcast at 10:00 a.m. (CET) on February 1, 2018. The press conference will be webcasted live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 505 564 74, +44 2033 645 374, or +1 855 753 2230. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.
For further information, please contact:
Peter Wallin, Executive Vice President and CFO, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8900
André Löfgren, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 1363
Karolina Cederhage, Senior Vice President, Communications, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 0880
Edvard Lind, Group Press Officer, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8808
The information provided herein is such as Skanska AB is obligated to disclose pursuant to the EU market securities act (EU) no. 596/2014.
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and project development companies, focused on selected home markets in the Nordics, Europe and USA. Supported by global trends in urbanization and demographics, and by being at the forefront in sustainability, Skanska offers competitive solutions for both simple and the most complex assignments, helping to build a sustainable future for customers and communities.