needaproperty.com launches New National Property Portal Platform
First RWD Property Portal Webiste Launched in UK
UK property search portal, www.needaproperty.com produces new ‘responsive web design’ (RWD) website.
Needaproperty.com, the rising star property finder portal, has just launched its new interactive website for property hunters in the UK (and overseas coming soon).
With the design and management of specialist user experience agency, Cyber-Duck, needaproperty.com’s revamped website is the first online property portal to be built with a fully ‘responsive web design’ (RWD), able to scale to desktop, tablet and smartphones.
The new mobile-friendly portal is a result of in-depth research conducted by needaproperty.com to become more user centric, as they set to challenge the market giants, Rightmove and Zoopla.
The new www.needaproperty.com website has been produced to provide the best possible user experience for visitors. The navigation has vastly improved with a super-fast suggestive search, making it much easier for a visitor to find the perfect property. Cyber-Duck and needaproperty.com worked with Artirix the leading Search Application Platform, to provide Scalability* and Elasticsearch** technology.
In addition, the ‘responsive web design’ (RWD) technology means that needaproperty.com has one website which adapts to fit the screen or device of any user that is visiting the website. This is unlike other property portals that rely on having a different website built and maintained for each device. There will no longer be a need for the user to download separate iOS and Android apps or navigate to a separate mobile website.
The new needaproperty.com website pages contain extra information to help improve the property decision making process. Examples include each property’s proximity to local stations, schools, Google street view and other properties nearby.
To easily find properties in their desired location, there is an ‘Area Guide’ directory, providing an alternative for users to navigate by counties, regions and towns, as well as alphabetically and via Google Maps. This section contains a guide to each city, town, village and hamlet, as well as local history and various interesting facts about the area. This way, a visitor has a clearer idea of whether the area is right for them, before they view a property.
To find local estate agents, there is an ‘Agent Search’ section, allowing users to find recommended agencies that are selling property in the areas that they are interested in.
CEO of needaproperty.com, Scott Green said: “Seeing the vision of our new website come to life is fantastic. I believe we now have the most user-friendly and informative property portal in the UK thanks to the user centred design (UCD) process that Cyber-Duck has created for us and the dramatically improved property loading times thanks to the help of the new search technology from Artirix.”
Danny Bluestone, managing director of Cyber-Duck, said: “The new needaproperty.com website is optimised for those wanting to tap on touch screens as well as those wanting to click using a keyboard and mouse, so users can make property lifestyle decisions from an iPad at home, a PC in the office or on their Android device while commuting. There is no need to inconvenience a user to download a native app with the new needaproperty.com website. Our developers thoroughly enjoyed working with the Artirix engineers and integrating their API into the new website.”
- Ends -
For further information, please go to: www.needaproperty.com
*Scalability refers to using a cloud hosted search technology. It allows the system to grow with an increasing number of feeds and data, with no impact to performance.
** Elasticsearch provides a near real-time search solution that allows information to be returned quickly to the site with the most up to date information. Elasticsearch can handle multiple feeds with various different structures and can facet and order to provide good quality results.
- needaproperty.com was launched in March 2012 and works with over 3,000 agents nationwide
- needaproperty.com is a comprehensive online property website, helping home movers nationwide to find their next home with ease
- needaproperty.com deals directly with estate agents and new home developers, and does not take private advertising from private sellers or landlords
- needaproperty.com has a sister site, www.eastwestplc.com (EastWest Property Listing Company), showcasing UK homes in China and bringing the East and West together
- needaproperty.com also has a sister site, www.needavaluation.com , which provides vendors with a simple, easy to use valuation tool that will help vendors and landlords find their ideal agent
About Cyber-Duck: www.cyber-duck.co.uk
- Established in 2005, Cyber-Duck is a leading independent digital agency with a world-class reputation, working with global brands including The European Union, Aston Martin, Imperial Tobacco Plc., Arsenal FC and Maxinutrition (GSK).
- Cyber-Duck is ISO accredited with its core services being Web & Mobile Production, SaaS Technology, User Experience, Consultancy, Marketing Branding and Hosting & Support.
- Cyber-Duck has won some of the most sought after industry awards including Webby Awards, the Construction Marketing Awards, the Davey Awards, the Communicator Awards, the Interactive Media Awards, and the W3 Awards.
- needaproperty.com selected Cyber-Duck due to a very successful track record working with the digital agency from 2005.
- Cyber-Duck produced the website using their ISO accredited User-Centred Design Methodology, ensuring that visitor usability was the top priority throughout the production process.