Hotel Sued for Carbon Monoxide Leak
A guest who stayed at the Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport Hotel in Burlingame has filed a lawsuit over a potentially deadly carbon monoxide leak that caused guests to evacuate their suites last November.
The Daily Journal reports the plaintiff alleged that the hotel’s lack of carbon monoxide detectors meant guests were exposed to dangerous levels of the gas. The plaintiff is suing the hotel for negligence and wants it to cover the cost of general damages, medical bills, potential loss of revenue, and legal fees.
The carbon monoxide reportedly leaked from a boiler that feeds the hotel pool and spa. The boiler had to be immediately shut down. The hotel was vented to disperse the deadly gas.
Although no injury or need for treatment was reported by the 500 guests at the time of the incident, the hotel air was monitored throughout the morning, reports The Daily Journal. Carbon monoxide is a deadly gas that is a colorless, odorless and tasteless.
If a hotel carbon monoxide leak harmed you or a loved one, contact Sokolove Law today for a free legal consultation and to find out if a personal injury lawyer may be able to help you.