Cyber London Announces Members of its Third Cohort
London, 12 May 2016 - Cyber London (CyLon - https://cylonlab.com), Europe’s first dedicated cyber security start-up accelerator and incubator, today announced the seven startups participating in its third programme.
The successful candidates, selected from a shortlist of outstanding international applicants, were announced at a private event in Cyber London’s offices in West London. The teams, who started the programme last week, are:
- CheckRecipient, London: Big data analytics platform to prevent commercially sensitive information being sent to the wrong person. The platform uses textual and recipient content, present within historical email data, to identify potential information breaches in real-time, before an email is sent.
- Codebashing, London: An interactive training platform that provides developers with the know-how to write software and applications that are more resilient against hackers.
- CyberSparta, London: The 'ATHENA Cyber Platform' uses machine learning to provide businesses with real-time threat detection and complete network and threat visualisation.
- DynaRisk, London: A cloud based SaaS solution that uses a combination of a questionnaire and external data sources to risk assess a person using a unique algorithm.
- GalaxKey, London: GalaxKey is a next generation encryption platform that provides an architecture for secure email, document and cloud encryption.
- TripleCheck, Germany: Software that detects what is not original inside your software. TripleCheck has wide applications such as intellectual property assurance, M&A, due diligence and any situation requiring the verification of software originality.
- ZZZ Technology, London: SaaS product designed to raise awareness about cyber security risks within companies. ZZZ Technology gives employees the tools to create hacking attacks against each other in an intuitive, usable and gamified way.
Kirsten Connell, MD of Cyber London said, “We are very excited to welcome an impressive and diverse third cohort into the Cyber London programme and look forward to working with the teams to develop their cyber security offerings. We’re also celebrating an incredible first year for CyLon, seeing the scheme grow from a concept, to now starting the third of four planned accelerator programmes up until the end of 2016. CyLon’s network of mentors, prospective customers, cyber security experts and investors continues to grow, as cyber security is at the forefront of the agenda for governments, corporations and individuals alike.”
Since graduating, CyLon alumni companies have continued to demonstrate exceptional progress. From the startups in the first cohort, 70% have gone on to collectively raise investment of £3 million and they have substantially grown their customer base, including two leading high street banks and the UK Ministry of Defence.
About the Cyber London programme
The Cyber London accelerator and incubator combines intensive collaboration, professional training and mentorship, drawing upon the expertise of seasoned entrepreneurs, academic cyber security researchers, government officials and senior executives of customer organisations.
Cyber London accepts applications from entrepreneurial teams with innovative business ideas in the broad field of information and communications, aka ‘cyber’, security.
Cyber London was established in January 2015; its first programme concluded in July 2015, with six startups and two companies-in-residence pitching to a Demo Day audience of more than 120 investors, companies, and public sector bodies at the end of a 13-week curriculum.
Cyber London Sponsors and Partners
The Cyber London sponsors, who provide financial support, and partners who provide in-kind support to the participating teams, are as follows:
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence is a business division of BAE Systems that delivers solutions that help clients to protect and enhance their critical assets in the intelligence age. Our intelligent protection solutions combine large-scale data exploitation, ‘intelligence-grade’ security and complex services and solutions integration. We operate in four key domains of expertise: cyber security, financial crime, communications intelligence and digital transformation.
Amadeus Capital Partners has, since 1997, established a reputation as one of Europe's leading technology investors. Since its inception the firm has raised over £650m for investment and backed more than 100 companies in communications technology, cleantech, medtech, financial services, software, digital media and e-commerce. https://amadeuscapital.com.
Epsilon Advisory Partners is a strategic advisory firm, based in London. Epsilon works with a select group of outstanding technology companies to help grow their business and expand internationally through innovative commercial, intellectual and social partnerships. http://epsilonap.com.
Winton is an investment management company specialising in mathematical analysis of financial time series and portfolios. With offices in London, Oxford, New York, San Francisco, Shanghai, Sydney, Tokyo and Zurich, Winton has over 400 employees and in excess of $30 billion dollars under advisement. https://wintoncapital.com
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP’s global cyber security team helps companies with the full range of legal and regulatory-related cyber security risks. The team protects clients’ businesses and their reputations by advising on compliance strategies, litigation defence, regulatory action, crisis liability management and cyber security due diligence. It works with leading forensic and security consultants to offer integrated legal and technical risk mitigation advice, and draws on the strength of its leading global investigations and crisis management practices, to address cyber security both proactively and after an incident. http://www.freshfields.com/en/global
Fried Frank is a leading New York-headquartered international law firm; its London office is located in the heart of the East London tech cluster. The firm works with some of the world’s largest companies in their most significant transactions, as well as emerging companies seeking to expand to the US and access international markets. Fried Frank’s transatlantic Technology Group is a market-leading resource for UK and other European early-stage and growth-stage companies considering US expansion, US fundraising, and US corporate and commercial transactions. The firm works closely with top accelerators, venture capital and other investors, government agencies and professional services firms in the US, UK and throughout Europe. http://www.friedfrank.com
Cyber London Founders
Cyber London was founded through the collaboration of an experienced team of cyber security practitioners, entrepreneurship and public policy experts, and professional investors.
- ● Alex van Someren is Managing Partner, Early Stage Funds at venture capital firm Amadeus Capital Partners. He has been a member of the Royal Society Cyber Security Research Steering Group, an expert panel member for the Government Chief Scientific Advisor’s report on the Internet of Things, and has advised the Cabinet Office on commercialisation of UK National Security assets. Previously, Alex co-founded UK cryptography company nCipher plc, which was acquired by Thales SA in 2008. Alex was appointed an Entrepreneur in Residence at the Judge Business School, University of Cambridge in 2005.
- ● Jonathan Luff and Grace Cassy are co-founders of Epsilon Advisory Partners, sharing 25 years of foreign, security and innovation policy experience in the UK Government, including at No.10 Downing Street. Epsilon works with leading technology companies to grow their business and expand internationally through innovative commercial, intellectual and social partnerships.
Om Code Red:
Code Red är ett PR-nätverk bestående av byråer runt om i världen som har handplockats för sin erfarenhet och kunskap om säkerhetsmarknaden. Code Red består av oberoende byråer i Norden, Storbritannien, Benelux, Frankrike, DACH (Tyskland, Österrike och Schweiz), Norden, Spanien och Portugal, Italien, Mellanöstern, Afrika och USA. Syftet med nätverket är att erbjuda en välfungerande PR-tjänst som täcker ett eller flera geografiska områden med resursstarka teammedlemmar, med djup kunskap om lokala säkerhetstrender och med goda relationer till viktiga opinionsbildare i media samt analytiker med fingret på pulsen vad gäller säkerhetsagendan. För att ta reda på mer om de tjänster vi erbjuder, läs mer här och kontakta:
Susan Rose Communication AB
Besöksadress: Telegrafgränd 1 B, Stockholm. Tel 46 73 300 30 10. E-mail: email@example.com