Handelsbanken controls 97 % of Bergensbanken shares

Handelsbanken controls 97 % of Bergensbanken shares Handelsbanken has received acceptances corresponding to 87 % of the number of outstanding shares in Bergensbanken ASA. Handelsbanken already owns 10 % of the Bergensbanken shares and consequently controls a total of 97 % of the shares. The acquisition is conditional on Handelsbanken being granted a concession by the Ministry of Finance in Norway. Handelsbanken will submit its application on Friday, 11 June 1999. The Ministry is expected to announce its decision within six months of receiving the concession application. For further information, please contact: Arne Mårtensson, Group chief executive, tel. +46 8 22 92 20 Björn-Åke Wilsenius, Head of Regional Bank Norway, tel. + 47 22 94 08 70 Lars Lindmark, Head of Corporate Communications, tel. + 46 8 701 10 36 ------------------------------------------------------------ Please visit http://www.bit.se for further information The following files are available for download: http://www.bit.se/bitonline/1999/06/03/19990603BIT00080/bit0001.doc http://www.bit.se/bitonline/1999/06/03/19990603BIT00080/bit0002.pdf

Subscribe