Half Year Report January – June 2016
- Sales increased by 8 percent to 3,920 MSEK (3,644) for the second quarter. In local currencies, sales increased by 10 percent.
- Operating profit from product areas1) increased by 8 percent to 1,008 MSEK (937) for the second quarter. In local currencies, operating profit from product areas1) increased by 11 percent.
- Growth of sales and operating profit from product areas1) was positively affected by calendar effects in Scandinavia (timing of Easter and differences in number of delivery days).
- Operating profit2) amounted to 1,061 MSEK (1,021) for the second quarter.
- Earnings per share amounted to 4.01 SEK (3.62) for the second quarter. Adjusted earnings per share3) amounted to 4.01 SEK (3.79).
- The outlook has been updated based on the developments during the first six months, but remains broadly the same as the previous outlook for the full year.
1) Operating profit for Swedish Match product areas, which excludes larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG.
2) Operating profit for the Group includes larger one-time items and share of net profit in STG. Swedish Match’s share of net profit in STG is reported with a one quarter lag. For the second quarter 2016, Swedish Match’s reported share of STG’s net profit represents 31.1 percent of STG’s first quarter 2016 net profit.
3) Adjusted for Swedish Match’s larger one-time items in 2015.
For the full report: http://www.swedishmatch.com/investors/
Swedish Match telephone conference
A telephone conference will be held today, Friday, July 22 at 2:00 p.m. (CET), (1:00 p.m. UK time). At this time we will review and comment on the results. Participants will include Lars Dahlgren, Marlene Forsell, and Emmett Harrison.
Listen to the telephone conference live at: http://www.swedishmatch.com/investors/
Replay will be available for 30 days at the link above as well as on telephone number:
UK replay number: +44 20 7031 4064, access code: 957777
US replay number: +1 888 365 0240, access code: 957777
Swedish replay number: +46 8 505 203 33, access code: 957777
Lars Dahlgren, President and Chief Executive Officer
Office +46 8 658 0441
Marlene Forsell, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Office +46 8 658 0489
Emmett Harrison, Senior Vice President Investor Relations and Corporate Sustainability
Office +46 8 658 0173
Richard Flaherty, President US Division, US Investor Relations contact
Office +1 804 787 5130
This information is information that Swedish Match AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08.15 a.m. CET on July 22, 2016.
Swedish Match develops, manufactures, and sells quality products with market-leading brands in the product areas Snus and moist snuff, Other tobacco products (cigars and chewing tobacco), and Lights (matches, lighters, and complementary products). Production is located in six countries, with sales concentrated in Scandinavia and the US. The Swedish Match share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (SWMA).
Swedish Match’s vision is a world without cigarettes. Some of its well-known brands include: General, Longhorn, White Owl, Garcia y Vega, Red Man, Fiat Lux, and Cricket.
Swedish Match AB (publ), SE-118 85 Stockholm, Sweden
Visiting address: Sveavägen 44, 8th Floor. Telephone: +46 8 658 0200
Corporate Identity Number: 556015-0756