Half Year Report January – June 2018
Highlights from the second quarter
- In local currencies, sales increased by 10 percent for the second quarter. Reported sales increased by 9 percent to 3,336 MSEK (3,053).
- In local currencies, operating profit from product segments1) increased by 16 percent for the second quarter. Reported operating profit from product segments increased by 15 percent to 1,293 MSEK (1,123).
- Operating profit amounted to 1,263 MSEK (1,091) for the second quarter.
- Profit after tax amounted to 928 MSEK (812) for the second quarter.
- Earnings per share amounted to 5.31 SEK (4.48) for the second quarter. Adjusted earnings per share2) increased by 27 percent to 5.31 SEK (4.17).
- The outlook statement on page 10 has been modified with regard to snus and nicotine pouches outside Scandinavia.
1) Operating profit for Swedish Match product segments, which excludes Other operations and larger one-time items.
2) Earnings per share adjusted to exclude income from Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG) and larger one-time items.
For the full report: www.swedishmatch.com/Investors/Financial-reports/Interim-reports/
Swedish Match telephone conference
A telephone conference will be held today, Thursday, July 19 at 11:00 a.m. (CET), (10:00 a.m. UK time). At this time we will review and comment on the results. Participants will include Lars Dahlgren, Thomas Hayes, and Emmett Harrison.
Listen to the telephone conference: www.swedishmatch.com/Investors/Presentations/Webcasts-and-audiocasts/
Telephone conference presentation: www.swedishmatch.com/Investors/Presentations/
Lars Dahlgren, President and Chief Executive Officer
Office +46 8 658 0441
Thomas Hayes, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Office +46 8 658 0108
Emmett Harrison, Senior Vice President Investor Relations and Corporate Sustainability
Office +46 8 658 0173
Richard Flaherty, President US Division, US Investor Relations contact
Office +1 804 787 5130
This information is information that Swedish Match AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08.15 a.m. CET on July 19, 2018.
Swedish Match develops, manufactures, and sells quality products with market-leading brands in the product segments Snus and moist snuff, Other tobacco products, and Lights. Production is located in seven countries, with sales concentrated in Scandinavia and the US. The Swedish Match share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (SWMA).
Swedish Match’s vision is a world without cigarettes. Some of its well-known brands include: General, Longhorn, White Owl, Red Man, Fiat Lux, and Cricket.
Swedish Match AB (publ), SE-118 85 Stockholm, Sweden
Visiting address: Sveavägen 44, 8th Floor. Telephone: +46 8 658 0200
Corporate Identity Number: 556015-0756