Interim Report January – March 2013
- Sales for the first quarter increased by 2 percent to 2,982 MSEK (2,917). In local currencies, sales for the first quarter increased by 5 percent.
- Operating profit from product areas1) for the first quarter declined by 8 percent to 832 MSEK (903). In local currencies, operating profit from product areas1) for the first quarter declined by 6 percent.
- Operating profit2) increased by 6 percent to 1,031 MSEK (972) for the first quarter, and includes an additional capital gain of 159 MSEK on the disposal of the former head office site in Stockholm.
- EPS (basic) for the first quarter increased by 14 percent to 3.72 SEK (3.27), excluding larger one-time items EPS (basic) declined by 11 percent to 2.92 SEK (3.27).
- Operating profit for Swedish Match product areas, which excludes share of net profit in STG and larger one-time items.
- Operating profit for the Group includes share of net profit in STG and larger one-time items.
For the full report:
Swedish Match telephone conference
A telephone conference will be held today, Monday, April 29 at 2:00 p.m. (CET), ( 1:00 p.m. UK time). At this time we will review and comment on the results. Participants will include Lars Dahlgren, Joakim Tilly, and Emmett Harrison.
Listen to the telephone conference live at: http://www.swedishmatch.com/investors/
Replay will be available for 30 days
at the link above as well as on telephone number:
UK replay number: +44 20 7031 4064, access code: 927927
US replay number: +1 954 334 0342, access code: 927927
Swedish replay number: +46 8 505 203 33, access code: 927927
For further information, please contact:
Lars Dahlgren, President and Chief Executive Officer
Office +46 8 658 0441
Joakim Tilly, Chief Financial Officer
Office +46 8 658 0213
Emmett Harrison, Senior Vice President Corporate Communications and Sustainability
Office +46 8 658 0173
Richard Flaherty, President US Division, US Investor Relations contact
Office +1 804 787 5130
The character of the information in this report is such that it shall be disclosed by Swedish Match AB (publ) in accordance with the Swedish Securities Markets Act. The information was disclosed to the media on April 29, 2013 at 08.15 a.m. (CET).
Swedish Match AB (publ), Box 7179, SE-103 88 Stockholm, Sweden
Visiting address: Västra Trädgårdsgatan 15. Telephone: +46 8 658 0200
Corporate Identity Number: 556015-0756