Strong profit improvement from operations during 2006
January - December
• Net revenues for the year increased by 28 percent to SEK 1,201.1 M (936.6)
• Operating profit excluding capital gain from divestment of property, restructuring costs and non recurring costs related to the stock exchange listing amounted to SEK 128.6 (-20.6)
• Net profit for the year amounted to SEK 92.7 M (176.2) and earnings per share before dilution to SEK 2.0 (3.4)
• Cash and cash equivalents and short-term investments amounted to SEK 903.9 M (1,621.3) on December 31
• Biovitrum was listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange on September 15
• Phase I study initiated within the 5-HT6 project for the treatment of obesity
• Phase IIa study initiated within the 5-HT2A project for the treatment of glaucoma
• Partnership agreements signed with biotech companies Symphogen, Syntonix and Synphora to develop new drug projects
• Aloxi® launched in the Nordic market
• October - December
• Net revenues for the fourth quarter fell by 34 percent to SEK 244.8 M (369.3)
• The loss for the quarter amounted to SEK -6.3 M (230.2) and the earnings per share before dilution to SEK -0.1 (4.4)
”Biovitrum's stock exchange listing in September was, of course, the most important event in 2006,” says Mats Pettersson, CEO of Biovitrum.
”During the year the strong trend was sustained as our revenues and project portfolio continued to grow. We made great strides in all areas of our business and have a strong platform to continue developing Biovitrum successfully in 2007”
For more information, please contact:
Biovitrum AB (publ)
Mats Pettersson, CEO, tel.:+46 8 697 23 27
Göran Arvidson, CFO, tel.: +46 8 697 23 68
Anna Karin Källén, VP Communications, tel.: +46 8 697 20 85
Anders Martin-Löf, Director Investor relations, tel.: +46 8 697 37 07
For more information, see www.biovitrum.com.
Biovitrum is one of the largest biopharma companies in Europe. With operations in Sweden and in the UK, Biovitrum conducts research and develops pharmaceuticals for unmet medical needs both common diseases and conditions that affect smaller patient populations. Biovitrum focuses on drugs for the treatment of obesity, diabetes, inflammation and blood diseases, as well as a number of well-defined niche indications. Biovitrum develops and produces protein-based drugs on a contractual basis and markets a range of specialist pharmaceuticals primarily in the Nordic countries.