Teachers Assurance home insurance secures Defaqto 5 Star Rating for third consecutive year
Teachers Assurance, provider of savings, investments and insurance for teachers and their families in the UK, has secured a Defaqto 5 Star Rating on their Building and Contents Insurance policies for the third consecutive year.
Defaqto independently rates financial products and policies across more than 60 categories, giving each a 1 to 5 Star Rating, depending on the calibre and comprehensiveness of the features it offers. Having been awarded the highest Star Rating achievable, the Teachers Assurance Home Insurance policy is one of the most comprehensive on the market.
Designed with teachers in mind, the Teachers Assurance Home Insurance policy includes cover for school equipment in and away from the home, as well as an annual discount of up to 12% for teachers and NUT members that remains in place year on year, even if they retire from teaching. Other standard features include accidental damage cover at no extra cost and no compulsory excesses on all claims except for subsidence.
Mike Powell, Insight Analyst for General Insurance at Defaqto, explains how consumers can benefit from Star Ratings: “Whether you’re looking for insurance or another financial product, there is a huge range of options available – and they often differ greatly in terms of what they provide. It is therefore important to focus on the quality of a product – not just how much it costs – when comparing the market. Comparing products in this way can be time-consuming but through our Star Ratings, we help consumers see at a glance where a product sits in the market.”
Lesley Farley, Head of Customer Support at Teachers Assurance, comments on the importance of a 5 Star rated policy: “Before committing to buy home insurance, consumers should think about what they require from their policy. It could have serious repercussions if a customer takes out an insurance policy that doesn’t provide cover when in an emergency. Defaqto’s Star Ratings provide an independent, robust and trusted assessment of the quality of financial products and with Teachers Assurances 5 Star rated Home Insurance, customers can rest assured that they’re getting the very best cover. What’s more, in the unfortunate event of having to make a claim, customers are appointed a personal claims handler who is with them every step of the way to ensure their life returns to normal as quickly as possible.”
If you’d like to find out more about the Defaqto 5 Star rated Home Insurance policy, call Teachers Assurance on 0800 378 722 or visit www.teachersassurance.co.uk/home-insurance.
Notes to Editor
- Defaqto is an independent researcher of financial products, focused on providing intelligence to support better decision-making.
- Defaqto Star Ratings provide an independent, unbiased mechanism for helping people instantly understand where a product or proposition sits in the market, awarding each a Rating of 1 to 5 depending on the quality and comprehensiveness of the features it offers.
- Star Ratings cover nearly 60 separate areas, including banking, general insurance, life and protection, and pensions and investments.
About Teachers Assurance:
- Teachers Assurance manages circa £1 billion on behalf of its Members and customers
- Teachers Assurance was set up in 1877
- Teachers Assurance does not offer financial advice
- Originally set up to support teachers and their families, today the company offers a range of savings, investments and insurance products for individuals and families across the UK
Case studies available on request
For further information:
Laura Bentham, PR Team Leader
01202 435 112
Teachers Assurance is a trading name of Teachers Provident Society Limited (TPS), an incorporated friendly society No. 372F. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulation Authority, entered on the Financial Services register no. 110009. Registered in England and Wales. Registered Office: Tringham House, Deansleigh Road, Bournemouth, BH7 7DT. 2090214.