Thule improves suspension system and reduces weight on Thule Guidepost collection of outdoor backpacks for 2017
Since introducing the Thule brand to the outdoor backpack category in 2014, a number of key improvements have been made to Thule Guidepost, a line of multi-day backpacking packs that offers a Perfect Fit, smart solutions and more comfortable carry than the competition.
New for 2017, the Thule Guidepost collection will feature a more streamlined TransHub suspension system and reinforced hipbelt that effortlessly transfers the pack’s load to the hips. While still offering over 270 fit combinations, the collection utilizes an all-new customizable QuickFit shoulder harness, allowing for 3 different shoulder strap width settings. Available in gender specific 65L, 75L, and new for 2017, an 85L model for men that replaces the existing 88L model, the new line of Thule Guidepost packs offer a number of key feature updates in addition to the fit and suspension system.
Convenience is key when logging miles on the trail, and now the Thule Guidepost will feature the innovative VersaClick hip belt, originally featured on the Thule Versant lightweight backpacks. The VersaClick hipbelt is an interchangeable system allowing the hiker to customize their pack with a collection of accessories like the waterproof Rolltop Safezone (included), and an insulated Water Bottle Sleeve and traditional Zipper Pocket (sold separately). This system allows the hiker to reach their frequently used gear with ease, and also keep it safe along the way.
Whether backpacking through Appalachian Trail or experiencing a foreign city abroad, staying connected and charged on the go is key. New for 2017, the Thule Guidepost collection will feature a PowerPocket in the pack’s lid to conveniently store your device and mobile charger. The pack also features a system of loops to neatly manage your device’s cords when storing it in the VeraClick Safezone pocket. Focusing on other smart solutions for the backpacker, a removable raincover is now included with each pack, as well as the innovative Lid to Summit pack that is hidden in the Thule Guidepost’s removable lid.
The Thule Guidepost comes in three models for a variety of uses including the men’s and women’s specific Thule Guidepost 65L, designed for a weekend getaway; the men’s and women’s specific Thule Guidepost 75L, ideal for weeklong backpacking adventures; or the men’s Thule Guidepost 85L, a deluxe gear hauler for extended backpacking treks.
Thule Guidepost Backpack Collection
- Easy to customize for a perfect fit with 15cm/6in of torso adjustability and a QuickFit shoulder harness that allows for 3 different shoulder strap width settings
- Create a more comfortable carry through the Transhub suspension system and reinforced hipbelt that effortlessly transfers the pack’s load to your hips
- Customizable hipbelt compatible with interchangeable VersaClick accessories (waterproof rolltop pocket included; other accessories sold separately)
- Have two packs in one when you remove the lid and transform it into a spacious 28L summit backpack
- Cords are neatly managed between your device in your hipbelt pocket and your mobile charger in the internal PowerPocket
- Stow hiking poles or ice axes with two attachment loops
- Gear stays dry during storms with high-visibility, removable rain cover
- Improves natural gait and balance with a pivoting hipbelt that allows the pack to move with you
- Keep cool and comfortable with a breathable back panel that allows air to circulate around your back while padded support protects critical contact points
- Easily access the pack’s contents through a large zip side access panel
PR & Sponsorship Manager Europe & ROW, Thule Group
Mobile: 070 0902652
The Thule brand was established in 1942. Under the motto Bring your life, Thule globally offers a wide range of premium products for active people that allow them to bring what they care most for safely, easily and in style.
Thule offers among other things roof racks, bike carriers, roof boxes, computer/camera/sports bags and child related products like child bike seats and multifunctional strollers. The products are sold in more than 139 countries world-wide. Thule is the largest brand in the Thule Group.
For more information, please visit www.thule.com