Thule Presents the New Thule VeloCompact 926 3bike Carrier Equipped with the Next Generation Tow Ball Coupling
Thule is the world leading company when it comes to bike transportation and has now developed the next generation of tow ball coupling that increases the load capacity on bike carriers and makes them easier than ever to mount on the car. The new mechanism is self-stabilizing and allows the user to release the carrier once it has been placed on the tow ball and adjust it before finally securing it with the tightening handle.
The new ThuleVeloCompact926 3-bike carrier is the first product equipped with the next generation tow ball coupling, making the mounting of the carrier to the vehicle significantly easier. Just place the carrier on the tow ball and the self-stabilizing mechanism allows you to release the carrier and adjust it before finally securing it with the tightening handle. This is done without the trouble of stabilizing the carrier. Thanks to the increased load capacity the Thule VeloCompact 926 can carry up to four bikes by adding a
4th bike adapter (optional accessory).
The coupling´s self-stabilizing mechanism together with the carrier’s small size, helps to increase the load capacity to four bikes, and smart detachable bike arms, makes the Thule VeloCompact 926 a complete and versatile bike carrier for everyday use.
Thule VeloCompact 926’s Key Features:
- Easy mounting and adjustment of the carrier before closing the tightening handle thanks to the tow bar coupling’s initial stability
- Possible to increase the load capacity to four bikes by adding a 4thbike adapter (optional accessory)
- Easy mounting of bikes through detachable bike arms
- Carries bikes with large wheelbases thanks to single action extendable wheel holders
- Easy boot access even with bikes mounted thanks to smart foot pedal tilt
- Simple to fasten wheels thanks to long wheel straps with pump buckles
- Simple to fold flat and store – fits most car boots
- Lock your bikes to the bike carrier and your carrier to the tow bar
- Pre-assembled, no tools are required
- City Crash test compliant, TÜV approved, and EuroBE type approved
The Thule VeloCompact is launched at the Eurobike show in Friedrichshafen, Germany, August 27 – August 30, 2014 and will be available in store as of March 2015.
The Thule brand was established in 1942. Under the motto Bring your life, Thule globally offers a wide range of premium products for active people that allow them to bring what they care most for safely, easily and in style.Thule offers among other things roof racks, bike carriers, roof boxes, computer/camera/sports bags and child related products like child bike seats and multifunctional strollers. The products are sold in more than 125 countries world-wide.Thule is the largest brand in the Thule Group.For more information, please visit www.thule.com