Five Reasons Alternative Decking is the Better Choice
For more information about these tips, related topics, or to connect with an expert spokesperson, contact Ashley Moran at 513.381.8855 or . For related news, information and downloadable images, visit www.timbertech.com.
What makes a deck truly enjoyable? It’s not the amount of hours spent maintaining it, the number of guests with splinters or tripping over a warped plank that’s been on the “honey-do” list for the last two years.
Maybe it’s time to reconsider a new deck and to rethink traditional wood. There are plenty of alternative decking options to choose from. This solution is more durable than pressure-treated wood and frees up time otherwise spent sanding, sealing and painting traditional wood decks.
Companies like TimberTech offer more than high quality composite and PVC decking. With a variety of color choices and increased design flexibility, they give homeowners the ability to infuse their personality and style into their outdoor space. By coordinating fencing and railing products and an award-winning DeckLites system, the company’s product offerings provide homeowners the choice to build an outdoor space that is an extension of their home and a reflection of their personality.
Homeowners planning new decks or rehabbing old ones should consider these five reasons to check out TimberTech’s family-friendly decking solutions to create their own backyard oasis.
- Low Maintenance – Aside from occasional and seasonal cleanings, a composite deck requires very little upkeep. Sanding, staining and sealing are chores of the past. Family time shouldn’t be working on the deck; it should be spent enjoying it.
- Safety – Splinters, warped boards and popped nails are likely problems with traditional wood decks. Composite planks eliminate these issues. Leave your shoes behind in confidence because these planks also meet Americans with Disabilities (ADA) standards for slip resistance.
- Design Flexibility – Curved planks, a spectrum of colors and mix-and-match railing styles combine to provide consumers freedom to create enviable outdoor retreats. With a variety of design options and rich color choices, like Brick, Slate and Brownstone in the new Earthwood Evolutions Natural Collection, there are choices that will appeal to even the most discriminating homeowners.
- Durability – Unlike pressure treated wood, composite and PVC deck products are backed by a 25-year residential warranty giving home owners peace of mind that their deck will continue to look great.
- Increased Home Value – According to a 2011 study from Principia Partners, demand for residential decking continues to increase with the majority of projects being for repair or remodeling. When building a deck, whether to increase the value of your home or to spend more time outdoors, most homeowners see a significant return on investment by building a composite deck.
Composite and PVC decking provides more peace of mind and the ability to spend quality time with something other than a hammer and paint brush – the family.