Convenience of investing its own weighbridge saves time and money for Derbyshire truck specialist
- Having its own Axtec dynamic axle weighbridge is more convenient, saves money and provides greater accuracy for VCA approval for lorry loader and truck body specialists, Central Crane Technicians and Central Truck Bodies in Chesterfield, Derbyshire (www.centralcranetechnicians.co.uk)
- Axle and gross vehicle weights quickly and automatically measured in 40 seconds, simply by driving slowly over the unit, which is flush-fitted in the ground
- Extra income stream generated as its weighbridge is approved for public use – located less than a mile from truck stop at M1, J29 near Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Weighbridge supplied and installed by Axtec, the experts in axle weighing
- Follow Axtec’s Derek Hack on Twitter (@Derek_Axtec), and read his blogs about topical axle weighing issues at http://axleweighing.blogspot.co.uk/.
The quality, accuracy and convenience of having its own dynamic axle weighbridge is making a bespoke lorry loader specialist and body builder in Chesterfield, Derbyshire more efficient, saving it time and money, and ensuring every vehicle it builds is compliant for VCA approval. In addition, as the weighbridge is accurate to within +/- 0.25 per cent, it has been verified by Trading Standards for public use, so it has another important role - as an extra revenue stream.
Designing and building bespoke, lorry loader bodies for plant or platform vehicles ranging from 3.5 to 32 tonnes, Central Truck Bodies and Central Crane Technicians need to accurately weigh every vehicle for validation to customers. Having their own weighbridge means weights can be constantly monitored during the construction process.
The drive-over dynamic axle weighbridge is installed flush with the ground, and takes just 40 seconds to automatically weigh individual axle weights and gross vehicle weight as the vehicle drives over it. It is the most accurate of its type in the world, and the only one of its kind in Derbyshire. It was supplied and installed by Axtec, the specialists in axle weighing technology.
“Investing in our own weighbridge was definitely the right thing to do, and we reckon we will recover the cost in around five years,” says Julian Hinde from Central Truck Bodies.
“The biggest benefit is the convenience of being able to weigh our vehicles as often as we like without having to waste time and money getting someone to drive to a weighbridge, as we used to. This means we can do our job more efficiently and accurately weigh each vehicle as often as we need to ensure our customers end up with a fully approved vehicle. The weighing platform itself is compact, unobtrusive and easy to use, and was installed very professionally by Axtec without inconveniencing us at all,” Julian added.
Derek Hack, Sales Manager at Axtec commented: “We are delighted that Central Crane Technicians and Central Truck Bodies are getting so much benefit from investing in our dynamic axle weighbridge. From our experience of hauliers wanting to use our own weighbridge, we know this can generate £10,000 a year in extra revenue.”
For public use of its weighbridge, Central Truck Bodies and Central Crane Technicians charge £10 for two axles and £20 for more than two axles, and are located at Park Road, Holmewood Industrial Park, Holmewood, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S42 5UY. They can be contacted on 01246 855995. (www.centralcranetechnicians.co.uk)
Full details of the Axtec range of dynamic, static, on-board and portable axle weighing solutions are available at www.axtec.co.uk, by calling 01928 581575 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. And for the latest updates, please follow Axtec on Linked In, like its Facebook page, follow Axtec’s Derek Hack on Twitter (@Derek_Axtec), and read his latest blogs about topical axle weighing issues at http://axleweighing.blogspot.co.uk/.
For further information please contact:
Derek Hack, Axtec
t: 01928 581575;
m: 07831 367847
John Rawlings, Torque
t: 020 7952 8070;
m: 07847 371436