FORS trains thousands of drivers with Safe Urban Driving course
- Over 23,000 drivers have now attended Safe Urban Driving (SUD) courses
- Over 43,000 drivers have been trained on key elements of driver safety and maintenance using FORS e-learning
- Courses teach essential skills to drivers of commercial vehicles who operate in urban areas or areas of high vulnerable road users
Thanks to TfL funded FORS training courses and online learning, tens of thousands of drivers are now better equipped to tackle difficult urban driving conditions.
The courses teach essential skills to drivers of commercial vehicles who operate in urban areas. Teaching is aimed at enabling drivers to better cope with high volumes of vulnerable road users, such as pedestrians and cyclists, common to urban areas. Safe Urban Driving training is Driver CPC accredited and meets the requirement of the FORS Silver standard, the CLOCS standard and TfL’s Work Related Road Risk requirements.
The e-learning includes five modules, covering Cycle Safety, Van Smart, Work Related Road Risk, Fuel (which teaches drivers to save their fuel consumption through their driving efficiency) and Parking and Loading Legally. All these skills are integral to a safe and efficient journey.
In order to meet the FORS Standard companies are required to demonstrate that they have plans in place to ensure all drivers and managers undergo approved and progressive training. This encourages drivers to learn new techniques for managing challenging road conditions whilst also updating their skillset.
FORS training allows drivers to stay up to date on key developments, and with FORS e-learning they can do so from the comfort of their own home.
For more information about becoming FORS accredited, visit: https://www.fors-online.org.uk
About FORS Community Partnership
The FORS Community Partnership (FCP) is:
- AECOM - a trusted FORS delivery partner and global consultancy
- Chartered Institute of Logistics Transport and Logistics – the independent and highly respected professional Institute
- Fleet Source – the specialist fleet services support organisation
The Partnership’s blend of commercial and industry based organisations is fully aligned with the safety, efficiency and environmental values of FORS. All three have a long association with the FORS scheme, over many years contributing to; the development of the Standard; the implementation of systems and scheme support; and the delivery of training and audit quality assurance.
For further information contact
Harriet Stowe on 0207 952 1071 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebecca Dart on 0207 952 1072 or email@example.com
Belle Moss on 020 7952 1074 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanie Stark on 01536 740159 or email@example.com