Trials prove new DAF LF most efficient for distribution fleet up to 12t
- New DAF LF Euro 6 proves most efficient and reliable for <12t truck distribution fleet in trials with UK and European haulier, Fagan & Whalley
- DAF LF now used exclusively for Fagan & Whalley’s up to 12t distribution fleet
- DAF LF’s size, payload, reliability and driver satisfaction lead to further order
- Production at DAF’s Leyland plant adds appeal of LF for the Lancs-based firm
The UK and European haulier Fagan & Whalley now only uses the DAF LF on its distribution fleet for loads up to 12 tonnes after experiencing better reliability, dealer back-up and driver satisfaction from this model. The LF has also proved the perfect size for its deliveries to areas where access for larger trucks would be a real issue.
Fagan & Whalley has just replaced two of its 7.5t LFs with two of the latest, new DAF LF Euro 6 models; one is another 7.5t in the company’s traditional red and green livery; the other is its first 12t model, distinguished by its orange cab and Palletforce livery, which has proved extremely efficient for its collection and delivery services, it has already ordered an additional 12t model, which will make a total of four DAF LFs on the Fagan & Whalley fleet.
“The DAF LF came top in our trials as we have found it has better reliability and dealer back-up than others we’ve tried, plus the most driver appeal and satisfaction, but as a Lancashire-based company, we were also definitely influenced by the LF coming from DAF’s plant in nearby Leyland,” said Stephen Fagan, Commercial Director, Fagan & Whalley.
“The 7.5t model is perfect for our urgent courier work for the aerospace industry where we regularly have to send lightweight items to France, so we need to know we can be confident of the reliability of the DAF LF; while the heavier 12t model has proved more efficient for our Palletforce collection and delivery service as it means we can make the most of the larger payload with the convenience of a smaller vehicle,” Stephen added.
For more convenient loading and unloading, both new trucks have tail lifts, with an uprated 1,500 kg tail lift specified for the 12t model, and were supplied by Lancashire DAF in Preston.
Phil Moon, Marketing Manager, DAF Trucks UK commented: “This again proves the versatility of the DAF LF range, and why it continues to be so popular with distribution companies needing a truck that’s a convenient to use and incredibly efficient.
Like the bigger DAF CF and XF models, the new LF range doesn’t just offer the latest state-of-the-art, quieter PACCAR PX turbocharged diesel engines with better fuel economy and lower Euro 6-compliant emissions, with lower maintenance costs with service intervals up to 60,000 km, but it also has a new, enhanced interior also improves the daily work life of the driver,” continued Phil Moon.
Notes to editors:
- DAF Trucks UK is the market leader across all sectors in the UK, from 7.5 to 44 tonnes. The new Euro 6 LF, CF and XF Euro 6 trucks are designed to maximise profitability for operators and provide drivers with the best possible driving experience, supported by a nationwide network of 133 dealers across the UK (including two in the Channel Islands). DAF is a subsidiary of PACCAR – the global leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of light, medium and heavy trucks. www.daf.eu/uk
For further information please contact:
Martin Hayes/John Rawlings, Automotive PR
t: +44 (0)20 7952 1070
- New DAF LF 7.5t Euro 6 in Fagan & Whalley livery
- New DAF LF 12t in orange Palletforce livery