TVR CONFIRMS ATTENDANCE AT THE LONDON MOTOR SHOW
- TVR will make its first public show appearance at the forthcoming London Motor Show in May 2016
- Starting with a clean sheet of paper, the design process reverted back to the birth of TVR, utilising the ethos of nearly 70 years of TVR history, to create a truly exceptional sports car
- The full car design will be unveiled at an exclusive customer preview later this year (it will be kept under cover until this milestone in the programme)
27 April 2016: The re-born British sports car maker, TVR, has announced that it will have a presence at the London Motor Show, to take place in Battersea Park on 5 to 8 May, 2016.
The company has attracted world-wide interest since announcing the all-new British designed and built sports car. Incorporating Gordon Murray’s innovative iStream® technology, the car will be launched in 2017.
This exciting new sports car features a ground-effect, super lightweight iStream® carbon reinforced chassis and will be powered by an exceptional V8 engine developed by Cosworth. The London Motor Show provides an opportunity for the public to appreciate the silhouette and see the physical shape in a full-size representation of the new car. The full exterior design will be unveiled to all customers who placed an order at an exclusive preview event later this year, which will be an important milestone in the programme.
Les Edgar, Chairman of TVR said: “We have built enormous momentum over the past 12 months, to the point at which we now hold more than 350 deposits from enthusiastic individuals who are keen to be proud owners and drivers of the new TVR. Our appearance at the London Motor Show will be a perfect platform for us to show a physical representation of the car and we hope to use the opportunity to tantalise the public and provide a strong indication of the look of the production vehicle. It’s an important next step in bringing the new car to market.”
A press conference and project update will take place during the show preview at 5.00pm on Thursday 5th May and will be conducted by Les Edgar and Gordon Murray.
1. TVR is an independent British sports car manufacturer established in 1947 by Trevor Wilkinson. The business established itself as a leading light in the British low-volume sports car market, building an international reputation for high-performance vehicles and innovative design. The current management team acquired the marque in 2013.
For more information on TVR, visit: www.tvr.co.uk
For media enquiries, please contact:
2. Gordon Murray Design Limited is a British company established in 2007. The Company aims to be the world leader in automotive design and reverses the current industry trend for sub-contracting by having a complete in-house capability for design, prototyping and development. For more information please visit www.gordonmurraydesign.com
The iStream® assembly process is a complete rethink and redesign of the traditional automotive manufacturing process and could potentially be the biggest revolution in high volume manufacture since the Model T. Development of the process began over 15 years ago and it has already won the prestigious ‘Idea of the Year’ award from Autocar who were given privileged access in order to make their assessment. The simplified assembly process means that the manufacturing plant can be designed to be 20% of the size of a conventional factory. This could reduce capital investment in the assembly plant by approximately 80%. Yet the flexibility of this assembly process means that the same factory could be used to manufacture different variants. The iStream® design process is a complete re-think on high volume materials, as well as the manufacturing process and will lead to a significant reduction in full lifecycle CO2. For more information please visit: www.istream.technology