TradeStone Software Announces Global Issues Webinar Series Featuring Noted Consumer Strategist Richard Hastings
Hastings Discusses the Recent Cotton Crisis, Global Labor Market Trends and 2010 Retail Sales Overview in Scheduled Live Sessions
Gloucester, Mass., November 10, 2010
- TradeStone Software, delivering Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions that unify the design, sourcing, ordering and delivery of private label and branded goods, today announced a Global Issues Webinar Series featuring Global Hunter Securities Consumer Strategist Richard Hastings.
- Richard Hastings is a recognized industry expert the national and international markets turn to for his perspective on the retail industry. His work at investment bank, Global Hunter Securities, LLC includes topline views of major trends in the consumer universe and retailing.
- The first live Web event of the series, “Coping with the Cotton Crisis of 2011” is scheduled for 11:00 am EST on Wednesday, November 17, 2010. Given the recent increase in cotton prices as well as the catastrophic floods in Pakistan, Hastings, who has followed the cotton markets since 1997, will walk attendees through the cotton crisis and its implications for the apparel industry in the coming year.
- On November 30 at 11:00 am EST, the second Webinar event, “Global Labor Market: Crisis in the Making?” will feature Hastings discussing how shifting labor conditions around the world are causing areas of significant under-utilization and regions of labor scarcity. This Webinar will explore the serious implications this holds for our retail-based economy.
- The third Web event in the series takes place on December 15 at 11:00 am EST and will provide a “2010 Retail Sales Summary”. Hastings will offer an in-depth analysis of trends and sales for 2010, present statistics and results from Black Friday and give a preview of what the sales outlook appears to be for Q1 of 2011.
- Registration for this Webinar series can be done by clicking here: http://www.tradestonesoftware.com/About/events.html
- “There are numerous global issues that the retail industry is currently facing and I am delighted to have a speaker of Richard’s caliber provide insight from the consumer, financial and retail industry perspective,” said Sue Welch, CEO, TradeStone Software. "Providing a forum that explores how today’s issues will affect the future reflects TradeStone's position as both a technology and business partner for retailers, brand manufacturers and suppliers.”
About TradeStone Software, Inc.
TradeStone Software helps retailers, brand manufacturers and suppliers increase market share and improve margins through the use of Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions that unify the design, sourcing, ordering and delivery of their private label and branded goods. Organizations including American Eagle Outfitters, Belk, Boots, Guitar Center, Kohl's, Le Chateau, Macy's, NBrown Catalog Company, Pacific Sunwear, Shoprite, The Children's Place, Urban Outfitters and Wilkinson use TradeStone’s solutions to help them bring innovative and highly profitable products to market at record speeds.
TradeStone Software is headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., with offices in Atlanta, New York City, Bangalore, Hong Kong and London. More information can be found on the Web at www.tradestonesoftware.com.