Interim report January - March 2011
“Demand in most of our segments was highly favorable in the first quarter of 2011. Organic sales growth was 19 percent.
Operating margins improved as a result of increased sales volumes and a more efficient structure. The EBITDA margin, excluding items affecting comparability, rose to 12.1 percent.
Cost increases for raw materials have been satisfactorily offset through, for example, higher sales volumes. Prices of raw materials are expected to remain volatile and rising.
The level of activity was high during the quarter, with several acquisitions and divestments. Accordingly, Trelleborg has further focused its operations on prioritized areas and selected customer segments”, says President and CEO Peter Nilsson.
- Net sales during the first quarter of 2011 rose to SEK 7,226 M (6,556). Organic sales grew 19 percent (12).
- Operating profit was SEK 645 M (488). Items affecting comparability amounted to an expense of SEK 9 M (expense: 27). Operating profit excluding items affecting comparability amounted to SEK 654 M (515).
- The EBITDA margin excluding items affecting comparability rose to 12.1 percent (11.7).
- Net profit was SEK 423 M (308) and earnings per share increased to SEK 1.55 (1.10). Earnings per share, excluding items affecting comparability were SEK 1.55 (1.20).
- Operating cash flow was a negative SEK 182 M (78).
Free cash flow was a negative SEK 528 M (neg. 276).
The Group in total:
- The divestment of the roofing operation generated a positive earnings effect after tax of SEK 262 M, which is included in total Group net profit of SEK 685 M.
Market outlook for the second quarter of 2011. In total, demand is expected to remain in line with or somewhat better than the first quarter of 2011, adjusted for seasonal variations.
Invitation to teleconference on April 20 at 2:00 p.m.
A telephone conference will be held on April 20 at 2:00 p.m. To participate in the telephone conference, call +46 (8)-5051 3793 or +44 (0) 20 7806 1966.
Code: 6541798 or “Trelleborg”. The conference will also be broadcast on the Internet in real time.
Visit our website: www.trelleborg.com/en/Investors/Presentations
for Internet link and presentation materials.
|Annual General Meeting (Trelleborg)||April 20, 5:00 p.m.|
|Interim report April- June||July 20|
|Interim report July - September||October 25|
|Capital Markets Day (Stockholm)||November 30|
For further information, please contact:
Conny Torstensson, VP Investor Relations
Tel: +46 (0)410 – 670 70
Mobil: +46 (0)734 – 08 70 70
Karin Larsson, VP Media Relations
Tel: +46 (0)410 - 670 15
Mobile: +46 (0)733 - 74 70 15
This report contains forward-looking statements that are based on the current expectations of the management of Trelleborg. Although management believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, no assurance can be given that such expectations will prove correct. Accordingly, results could differ materially from those implied in the forward-looking statements as a result of, among other factors, changes in economic, market and competitive conditions, changes in the regulatory environment and other government actions, fluctuations in exchange rates and other factors.
This is information of the type that Trelleborg AB (publ) is obligated to disclose in accordance with the Swedish Securities Exchange and Clearing Operations Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was issued for publication on April 20, 2011, at 1:00 p.m.