Interim report July – September 2011
“We continue to focus on selected segments and markets. We are gradually modifying Trelleborg’s global presence and concentrating further on selected niches.
Demand remained favorable during the quarter, with growth being particularly robust in Asia. Measured in terms of operating profit this was the best third quarter so far in the Group’s history. Margins continued to improve. The debt/equity ratio and net debt declined.
There is a prevailing sense of uncertainty in the market and we are carefully monitoring developments. We have today a higher level of preparedness to address a downturn in the market. We are continuing to invest to improve the long-term structure. New projects have been launched within the framework of the previously announced structural projects for 2011”, says President and CEO Peter Nilsson.
- Net sales during the third quarter of 2011 rose to SEK 7,191 M (6,601). Organic sales increased 11 percent.
- Operating profit totaled SEK 621 M (505). Items affecting comparability amounted to an expense of SEK 80 M (expense: 54). Operating profit excluding items affecting comparability was SEK 701 M (559).
- The EBITDA margin, excluding items affecting comparability, was 13.0 percent (12.3).
- Net profit was SEK 420 M (327) and earnings per share increased to SEK 1.55 (1.20). Excluding items affecting comparability, earnings per share were SEK 1.75 (1.35).
- Operating cash flow was SEK 644 M (391). Free cash flow was SEK 447 M (205).
- The debt/equity ratio was 52 percent (59) and the net debt in relation to EBITDA was 2.1 (2.5).
The Group in total:
- Consolidated net sales amounted to SEK 7,191 M (6,865). Operating profit increased to SEK 621 M (545).
Market outlook for the fourth quarter of 2011. Demand is expected to be in line with or somewhat lower than the third quarter of 2011, adjusted for seasonal variations.
Invitation to teleconference on October 26 at 10:30 a.m.
A telephone conference will be held on October 26 at 10:30 a.m. To participate in the telephone conference, call +46 (8)-506 853 31, +44 (0) 20 7108 6205 or +1 866 676 58 69.
Code: “Trelleborg”. The conference will also be broadcast on the Internet in real time.
Visit our website: http://www.trelleborg.com/en/Investors/Presentations
for Internet link and presentation materials.
|Capital Markets Day (Stockholm),
||November 30, 2011
|Year-end report 2011,
||February 15, 2012
|Interim report January - March,
||April 19, 2012
|Annual General Meeting (Trelleborg),
||April 19, 2012, 5 p.m.
|Interim report April - June,
||July 19, 2012
For further information, please contact:
Christofer Sjögren, VP Investor Relations
Tel: +46 (0)410-67068
Mobil: +46 (0)708-665140
Karin Larsson, VP Media Relations
Tel: +46 (0)410-670 15
Mobile: +46 (0)733-747015
This report contains forward-looking statements that are based on the current expectations of the management of Trelleborg. Although management believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, no assurance can be given that such expectations will prove correct. Accordingly, results could differ materially from those implied in the forward-looking statements as a result of, among other factors, changes in economic, market and competitive conditions, changes in the regulatory environment and other government actions, fluctuations in exchange rates and other factors.
This is information of the type that Trelleborg AB (publ) is obligated to disclose in accordance with the Swedish Securities Exchange and Clearing Operations Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was issued for publication on October 26, 2011, at 07:45 a.m.