OPCON FINANCIAL STATEMENT & INTERIM REPORT OCTOBER-DECEMBER 2006
Earnings trend remains strong as strategic changes are implemented to ensure growth
• Profit before tax (EBT) was SEK 43.9 million (–12.5 m), of which SEK 8.2 million (–5.0 m) was in the final quarter.
• Earnings in the final quarter were affected by one-off year-end items amounting to SEK 3.5 million in the form of write-downs of asset values.
• EBT, adjusted for these one-off items, was therefore SEK 11.7 million, compared with the previous forecast of at least SEK 10 million.
• The conversion of the company into a specialised energy and environmental technology business gained sharper focus during the period. A new organisation of the Group was presented at the start of 2007.
There are three new business areas:
– Renewable Energy
– Engine Efficiency
– Mobility Products
• Sales increased by 21% to SEK 416.9 million (343.8 m), of which SEK 103.2 million (106.3 m) was in the final quarter.
• Operating profit (EBIT) increased to SEK 49.0 million (–6.9 m), of which SEK 9.5 million (–3.2 m) was in the final quarter.
• Profit after tax was SEK 47.0 million (–12.7 m), of which SEK 20.6 million (–5.1 m) was in the final quarter.
• Earnings per share after tax was SEK 3.29 (–1.11), of which SEK 1.44 (–0.36) was in the final quarter.
• Investment continued during the quarter in Opcon Energy Systems (OES). The focus is on commercialising
Opcon’s technology for generating electricity from surplus heating.
• During the final quarter a declaration of intent was announced concerning the acquisition of Refrigeration
Technology of Scandinavia AB and Mitec AB. These acquisitions will be completed during the first quarter of 2007.
• The process of selling activities in Lysholm Technologies AB during the first half of 2007 began after the end of the report period. An intention agreement concerning the sale was signed in February 2007.
• The order situation in the first quarter of 2007 remained strong.
• Earnings before financial items (EBIT) for the first quarter of 2007 was calculated at least SEK 8 million.