Bond It turns expertise to tanking
Bond It, one of the UK’s leading independent manufacturers of building chemicals, has extended its comprehensive product range.
The business, which is already well known for the production of high performance, competitively priced sealants, adhesives, grouts and fillers, has just launched a new tanking slurry.
The new product can be used to provide a cementitious waterproof coating for brickwork, concrete and stone. It is ideal for both above and below ground applications such as cellars, retaining walls, tanks, pits and swimming pools.
Speaking of the new Bond It Tanking Slurry, Kirstie Cooper, marketing manager at the business, said: “Bond It enjoys the benefit of both considerable in-house technical expertise and advanced production technology. By drawing on these two resources, we have been able to develop highly capable solutions to a wide and growing range of construction needs.
“The introduction of our new Tanking Slurry extends that track record and maintains our commitment to offering products that combine impressive ease of use with the utmost in reliability and performance.”
Supplied as a powder in 20kg bags, the new Bond It Tanking Slurry simply requires mixing with water before it can be applied with a brush. It offers excellent adhesion to most common building materials and provides water resistance to positive/negative water pressures of up to 7bar. In addition, it fully complies with BS EN 998-1:2010 and is CE approved.
Bond It’s Tanking Slurry can be applied to damp surfaces but to ensure users benefit from a genuinely complete solution, it is also complemented by the manufacturer’s innovative, new Plug-It product.
This rapid setting, cement based compound can be used where masonry is affected by leaks. It is ideal for plugging sources of running water and for both filling and sealing cracks and joints. It can be applied prior to the use of the tanking slurry and will cure in two minutes.
Concluding, Kirstie Cooper adds: “Bond It’s portfolio of core products such as sealants and adhesives continues to go from strength to strength. We are now committed to replicating that in other areas such as tanking not just for the benefit of our own business, but for the benefit of the large and growing customer base we serve.”
- ENDS -
Images: Bond It Tanking Slurry.jpg.
Caption: Fluid thinking. Using its considerable expertise, leading independent manufacturer of building chemicals Bond It has launched a new tanking slurry and plugging product for use on masonry.
For more information on this story, contact Wayne Mohammed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
* With its head offices and production facilities located in West Yorkshire, Bond It is a leading manufacturer of sealants, adhesives, building chemicals, waterproofing products, roofing compounds, polyurethanes, adhesive tapes and ceramic tile adhesives.
* Operating to ISO 9001 quality standards, the business supplies an extensive range of technically advanced, high quality products to builders’ merchants, DIY outlets, retailers and specifiers across the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
* To help customers stay abreast of changing marketing conditions and demands, Bond It has a strong commitment to product development and continues to invest heavily into R&D whilst simultaneously drawing on many decades of technical experience and expertise.
* The established Bond It brand was acquired by Seal It Services Ltd in 2002.
* More information on Bond It and its range can be found at www.bond-it.co.uk