New Bond It products promise decorating without the drama
They say accidents happen. But on most professional decorating projects, accidental splashes and spillages can prove expensive - costing not only time and money, but also reputations and even in worse case scenarios, customers.
To help decorators and other trade professional reduce some of the risks involved, Bond It has used its expertise and experience as one of the UK’s fastest growing manufacturers of building chemicals to launch a new range of protective products.
Kirstie Cooper, marketing manager at the business, explains, “As a company, Bond It already offers a number of products which cater for those involved in painting and decorating. This includes innovative non-toxic paint strippers, multipurpose surface wipes which are ideal for cleaning hands and tools, and expanding foams.
“The launch of our new protective products complements that and reflects our commitment to delivering high quality solutions in the widest possible range of areas.”
Specifically, the new products now available from Bond It include a 12ft by 9ft heavy duty dust sheet.
Employing a twill weave and made from cotton, this dust sheet ensures users benefit from better value over the long-term thanks to the fact that it is fully washable and so can be used again and again. It is also hard wearing and easily able to cope with the demands of heavy foot traffic or the repeated positioning of tools and step ladders.
In addition, this heavy duty cotton dust sheet has been complemented by a new medium duty, all-purpose dust sheet. This product is both waterproof and rot proof and benefits from a high quality, polythene construction.
As well as the new dust sheets, Bond It has recently launched a new range of ‘Cover-It’ self-adhesive, heavy duty protective films.
Ideal not only for decorators but also those involved in plastering, tiling and general building and refurbishment work, the Cover-It range includes two high performance products - a clear film for use on textile surfaces such as carpet and a blue film which is designed for use on hard floors and other more resilient surfaces.
Both films are easy to apply and can simply be rolled out on top of the surface to be protected. Thanks to a precisely engineered level of adhesive tack, they will then remain securely in place for up to four weeks but without proving difficult to remove once the project is complete.
By actually adhering to the surface, both films can also prove a safer and more effective alternative to dust sheets which can be prone to movement or to gaping.
This is particular true on stairs where Bond It’s Cover-It clear film can help to significantly reduce the health and safety risks of an unsecured dust moving and contributing to a fall.
Summing up, Kirstie Cooper adds: “Thanks to Bond It’s involvement in such a wide and diverse range of areas of the construction industry, we have built up considerable transferrable expertise, resources and understanding. It’s these attributes that have enabled us to introduce our new protective products.
“We’re confident customers will find they offer the same kind of performance and reliability that people have come to expect of our sealants, adhesives and other well-known building chemicals.”
- ENDS -
For more information on this story, contact Wayne Mohammed at email@example.com
Notes to editors:
* With its head offices and production facilities located in West Yorkshire, Bond It is a leading manufacturer of sealants, adhesives, building chemicals, waterproofing products, roofing compounds, polyurethanes, adhesive tapes and ceramic tile adhesives.
* Operating to ISO 9001 quality standards, the business supplies an extensive range of technically advanced, high quality products to builders’ merchants, DIY outlets, retailers and specifiers across the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
* To help customers stay abreast of changing marketing conditions and demands, Bond It has a strong commitment to product development and continues to invest heavily into R&D whilst simultaneously drawing on many decades of technical experience and expertise.
* In August 2014, Bond It entered into a joint venture agreement with Astral Polytechnik - one of India's fastest growing manufacturers of pipes and piping systems. The new partnership will enable Bond It to accelarate aggressive and ambitious plans for further global expansion.
* More information on Bond It and its range can be found at www.bond-it.co.uk