New bow saws promise a cut above
Olympia Tools looks set to redefine expectations when it comes to an enduringly popular hand tool. In line with its commitment to continued innovation, the business has recently extended its Roughneck range of hand tools and work wear with a new bow saw which the company believes sets new standards in areas such as safety, durability, ergonomics and overall effectiveness.
Vahe Der Kureghian, purchasing and marketing director at Olympia Tools explains: "As a business, Olympia Tools recognises that many of the products offered under our Roughneck brand have a fundamental design that has been tried, tested and finely honed over many years, decades or even centuries.
“However, just because we can’t reinvent the wheel when it comes to items like hammers, shovels, saws and other hand tools, it doesn’t mean we can’t look to improve upon it by seeking out new advances and improvements that deliver major benefits both to the end-user and to our stockists. Our new bow saws are a prime example of that commitment in practice. They combine a number of small and innovative features that collectively make a very major difference."
These features include a construction from heavy duty tubular steel and a carefully considered, large oval frame cross section which help to ensure maximum durability and rigidity. An increased frame wall thickness also provides higher blade tensions, enhancing sawing performance, whilst a safe and easy to use tensioning device both simplifies and speeds up blade changing and tensioning.
Additional features offered by the new saws include a soft grip ergonomic handle for easier control and more comfortable use, as well as in-built knuckle protection, helping to optimise safety.
To cater for those involved in everything from DIY, framing and landscape gardening to general construction, roofing and even forestry, a wide range of saw sizes and blade types are available. This includes 12, 21, 24 and 30 inch saws as well as the option of small straight teeth, pointed fitted with small straight teeth and big raker teeth blades.
A 12" bow hacksaw is also available, which comes complete with both a HSS blade and a hardpoint blade.
In addition, spare blades are available for all other sizes and types.
Vahe Der Kureghian concludes: "Innovation has become a trademark quality of the Roughneck brand of hand tools and workwear, and as such the new bows are a fitting addition to the range. We are confident they will prove a hugely popular choice amongst tradesmen and contractors as well serious DIY-ers.”
- ENDS -
Image: Roughneck Bow Saw.jpg
Caption: New product. New standards. The new Roughneck bow saw raises the bar for safety, durability, ergonomics and overall effectiveness.
For more information on this story, contact Wayne Mohammed at email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- With its head offices and showrooms in Reading, Olympia Tools (UK) Ltd is a British based importer and distributor of premium quality, competitively priced hand tools and other products for the professional tradesman and serious DIY enthusiast.
- Olympia Tools prides itself on offering new, innovative and high performance products sourced from reputable manufacturers across the world.
- Specific and well-known brands available from Olympia Tools include Roughneck, Gorilla Bar, Thorsen, Power Grip, Wood Grenade and the MUTT (Multi Use Tough Tool).
- Olympia Tools has been trading in the United Kingdom for 15 years.
- For more information on Olympia Tools (UK) Ltd and its products, visit www.olympia-tools.co.uk