Think roofing. Think Roughneck
Olympia Tools, distributors of the Roughneck brand of hand tools and workwear, is now better placed than ever to meet the needs of roofers and slaters.
The business has recently extended its specialist roofing product offer - introducing a new Roughneck Slate Cutter.
The new product is an ideal choice for those roofers and slaters who prefer using cutters as opposed to slate axes which can increase the risk of slates accidentally breaking.
It complements Roughnecks's existing range of roofing tools which already includes two types of slate rippers, two slater's roofing hammers, including a high-tech model with VRS (Vibration Reduction System), and the multifunctional Roughneck Roofing Gorilla Bar™.
Vahe Der Kureghian, purchasing and marketing director at Olympia Tools, comments: "The Roughneck range of hand tools already caters for the specialist requirements of many different types of trade professional. This includes those involved in areas ranging from plumbing and joinery to landscaping and now roofing."
Like all Roughneck products, the new Roughneck Slate Cutter has been developed with a firm focus on intelligent design, exceptional performance and maximum ease of use.
It benefits from a longer than usual blade measuring 55mm rather than more commonly found 35mm. This longer blade combined with spring-loaded handles helps to increase the tool's effectiveness and the ultimate ease of slate cutting.
The new Roughneck Slate Cutter also feature an in-built hole punch. This both simplifies and speeds up the process of creating slate nail holes.
Comfortable soft-grip handles are a further important feature. These handles make the new tool ideal for use over sustained periods of time - such as when cutting large numbers of slates for major roofing projects.
The new Roughneck Slate Cutter is suitable for both cutting and trimming natural and fibre-cement slates. It is also attractively packaged in transparent clamshell packaging for optimum merchandising opportunities.
Concluding, Vahe says: "The new Roughneck Slate Cutter is the result of a rigorous product research, design and development process.
“Slaters, roofers and stockists alike will find it's a worthy addition to the Roughneck range. It maintains the brand’s reputation for offering high quality, technically innovative tools."
- ENDS -
Image: Roughneck Slate Cutter.jpg
Caption: Roughneck does roofing. Roughneck has added a new slate cutter to its range of specialist roofing tools.
For more information on this story, contact Wayne Leith at email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- With its head offices and showrooms in Reading, Olympia Tools (UK) Ltd is a British based importer and distributor of premium quality, competitively priced hand tools and other products for the professional tradesman and serious DIY enthusiast.
- Olympia Tools prides itself on offering new, innovative and high performance products sourced from reputable manufacturers across the world.
- Specific and well-known brands available from Olympia Tools include Roughneck, Gorilla Bar, Thorsen, Power Grip, Wood Grenade and the MUTT (Multi Use Tough Tool).
- Olympia Tools has been trading in the United Kingdom for almost two decades.
- For more information on Olympia Tools (UK) Ltd and its products, visit www.olympia-tools.co.uk