Interim report Vigmed Holding AB (publ) January – September 2016
Third quarter: 1 July – 30 September 2016
- Sales for the third quarter amounted to SEK 0.6 (1.0) million.
- Operating result in the third quarter amounted to SEK -6.3 (-9.0) million.
- Cash flow from operating activities during the third quarter amounted to SEK -13.0 (-6.7) million.
- On 30 September 2016 cash and cash equivalents amounted to SEK 24.8 (22.6) million.
First nine months: January-September 2016
- Sales for the interim period amounted to SEK 3.3 (3.0) million.
- Operating result for the interim period amounted to SEK -21.7 (-26.8) million.
- Cash flow from operating activities during the interim period amounted to SEK -33.0 (-33.6) million.
- On 30 September 2016 cash and equivalents amounted to SEK 24.8 (22.6) million.
Significant events during the third quarter
Vigmed has continued to work closely with distributors to ensure the success of ongoing and future tenders.
The ongoing work with the application for registration of Vigmed’s products in China, where the market for needlestick-protected products is growing strongly, has accelerated during the quarter.
The Group’s focus on cost reduction and cost control continues to result in improved operating result and cash flow.
The ongoing discussion with the manufacturer of the SWiNG product line, which has been considered an uncertainty factor for the Group, was terminated in July 2016 after a common solution was reached. The outcome regarding SWiNG Universal is in line with the assessment made in the Annual Report for 2015. The agreement also included that Vigmed acquires the packing equipment for manufacturing SWiNG Clic-on and, on 31 December 2016 amortise the remaining debt for SWiNG Clic-on tools and terminate co-operation with the contract manufacturer.
For further information contact:
Chairman of the board, Sten Dahlborg +46 70 836 9419
CEO, Henrik Olsen +46 76 349 7364
Vigmed is a Swedish medical technology company whose mission is to eliminate needlestick injuries and the associated risk of cross infections with blood-borne infectious diseases by offering the market unique needle-protected products. Vigmed is headquartered in Helsingborg, Sweden. Vigmed’s share is traded on NASDAQ OMX First North in Stockholm (ticker VIG) and has approximately 5 600 shareholders. Remium Nordic AB is the Company’s Certified Advisor. Additional information about the company can be found on Vigmed’s website: www.vigmed.com/investor