Viking Supply Ships AB Interim report Q1 2016
- Total revenue was MSEK 319 (509)
- EBITDA was MSEK 67 (58)
- Result after tax was MSEK -40 (-71)
- Result after tax per share was SEK -0.2 (-0.4)
SUMMARY OF EVENTS IN Q1
- EBITDA for Q1 was MSEK 67 (58).
- The average fixture rate in Q1 was USD 63,600 (54,100) for the AHTS fleet and USD 6,200 (7,500) for the PSV fleet. The average utilization in Q1 was 56% (71) for the AHTS fleet and 39% (33) for the PSV fleet.
- In February 2016 Magne Viking was certified according to the IMO Polar Code. The vessel, which is the first vessel globally to comply with the code, was approved by DNV GL.
- Due to a continued weak PSV market VSS A/S, in March 2016, decided to lay up the PSVs Sol and Freyja Viking with immediate effect. The decision will reduce the company’s operational costs going forward and will give a positive impact on the results from the second quarter of 2016.
- The market for PSV vessels has continued to deteriorate after the end of the reporting period. The current challenging market conditions are supported by a decline in observable broker values of the PSV fleet. VSS A/S will continue to closely monitor the market development and need for further impairment of the PSV fleet’s carrying amount.
- The subsidiary VSS A/S has from 1 January 2016 changed its functional currency from NOK to USD.
- In Q4 2015 VSS A/S had initiated a dialogue with its lenders to secure a long-term stable financing solution. In February 2016 VSS A/S entered into a standstill agreement with its lenders, during which VSS A/S has not paid instalments to its lenders. This agreement expired on 26 April 2016, but VSS A/S has continued to not fully service its debt obligations as they fall due.
- At the expiration and redelivery of two bareboat vessels in TA AB there was a residual value guarantee commitment for the Group in favor of the financing bank. The commitment amounts to a total of MSEK 63. The bank has agreed that the payment is postponed to no later than in Q3 2016. Further, in a loan agreement within TA AB there is a loan-to-value clause that the bank has invoked and requested an instalment of MSEK 47. The bank has now agreed to give TA AB time to pursue opportunities to free up liquidity to reduce the loan.
- In May 2016, the Group agreed the main principles for a restructuring agreement with the bank lenders. Execution of a final agreement in the form of a term sheet (the “Agreement”) is pending certain conditions precedent, including that an amended agreement is negotiated and agreed with the bondholders in the senior unsecured bond in VSS A/S and that terms for the bareboat charter of Odin Viking are re-negotiated and amended. Among other things these conditions have not yet been resolved and, accordingly, the Agreement has not yet been signed and deemed effective.
On 9 June 2016, VSS AB's subsidiary VSS A/S was informed that Norseman Offshore AS has filed an application for bankruptcy against VSS A/S with the Maritime and Commercial High Court in Copenhagen. The company has not yet been officially notified of the petition by the Court. Norseman Offshore AS is the owner of the vessel Odin Viking which is on a bareboat charter with VSS A/S. The petition for bankruptcy is made on the basis of unpaid hire in an aggregate amount of approximately USD 2.5 million.The parties have been in discussions for several months as part of the overall financial restructuring of the group. VSS A/S is of the view that there is no basis for the petition and will vigorously defend itself against it. VSS A/S will continue to pursue the process to achieve a restructuring of its debts as further described in the annual report for 2015.
As an effect of the deteriorated market conditions within the oil & gas industry and as a measure to further strengthen the focus on cost efficiency within VSS A/S, the Management has decided to close the office in St. John’s, Newfoundland with effect as of 28 April 2016. VSS A/S still considers Newfoundland and Eastern-Canada to be of strategic importance going forward and in the future, commercial activities towards the region will be followed up closely by dedicated personnel from the headquarter in Copenhagen and the chartering office in Kristiansand.
- As part of the restructuring process in the Group, the majority shareholder, Kistefos AS, has entered into agreements with some of the Group’s financing counterparts. As a consequence, the Group has entered into agreements on market terms with Kistefos AS. The compensation in these agreements has been agreed to an annualized fee of 12% covering the associated risk and exposure.
- TA AB has sold the two small bulk vessels TransAndromeda and TransCapricorn. The transaction, which was concluded in May 2016, generated a positive cash effect of MSEK 24.
- After a short temporary leave Christian W. Berg is back in his position as CEO of Viking Supply Ships A/S.
In conjunction with the publication of this interim report, an earnings call will take place on Monday 13 June, 2016 at 10.00 am.
- Phone: +46 (0) 8 50520424
- Password: Viking Supply Q12016
Please dial in 5-10 minutes before the call starts.
For further information please contact:
Ulrik Hegelund, CFO, ph. +45 41 77 83 97, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Morten G. Aggvin, IR & Treasury Director, ph. +47 41 04 71 25, e-mail email@example.com
Viking Supply Ships AB (publ) is a Swedish company with headquarter in Gothenburg, Sweden. Viking Supply Ships A/S is a subsidiary of Viking Supply Ships AB (publ). In addition Viking Supply Ships AB (publ) has the subsidiary TransAtlantic AB. The operations are focused on offshore and icebreaking primarily in Arctic and subarctic areas as well as on Shipping services mainly between the Baltic Sea and the Continent. The company has in total about 500 employees and the turnover in 2015 was MSEK 1,977. The company’s B-shares are listed on the NASDAQ Stockholm, Small Cap segment. For further information, please visit: www.vikingsupply.com
Viking Supply Ships AB is obliged to make this information public according to the Financial Markets Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act (Sw: lagen om värdepappersmarknaden and lagen om handel med finansiella instrument). The information was submitted for publication on 10 June 2016 at 17:30.