Year End report 2012
Fourth quarter 2012
- Net revenues amounted to SEK 765 M (903)
- Result before capital costs, EBITDA, amounted to SEK -12 M (-9)
- Result before tax amounted to SEK -61 M (-161)
- Result after tax amounted to SEK -95 M (-194)
- Earnings per share after tax amounted to SEK -0.9 (-2.7)
- Net revenues amounted to SEK 3 274 M (2 989)
- Result before capital costs, EBITDA, amounted to SEK 120 M (67)
- Result before tax amounted to SEK -356 M (-466)
- Result after tax amounted to SEK -393 M (-435)
- Earnings per share after tax amounted to SEK -3.5 (-6.6)
- The operation of the Finnish shipping company Merilinja was acquired.
- Continued implementation of the savings and expansion program launched earlier in Industrial Shipping, which included staff cuts on land and at sea, the adaptation of the vessel fleet, centralization of the head office to Gothenburg and higher focus on sales with increased service offering.
- Heléne Mellquist was promoted to CEO of Industrial Shipping.
- Viking Supply Ships A/S entered into a sale- and leaseback transaction with Norseman Offshore AS for the AHTS vessel Odin Viking.
- Due to a changed assessment pertaining to the residual value of the vessels in Viking Supply Ships, applicable from January 1, 2012, depreciation for the year was reduced by SEK 81 M.
- The Board of Directors proposes that no dividend be paid for the 2012 fiscal year.
In conjunction with the publication of the Year End report 2012, an earnings call will be arranged on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 09.30 am (GMT + 1) with TransAtlantic’s President and CEO, Henning E. Jensen and CFO (interim) Erik Hansen.
In time for the call, a downloadable presentation will be available on www.rabt.com.
Please dial in 5-10 minutes prior to start using the number and confirmation code below:
Phone number: +47 2350 0486
Confirmation code: 8058364
We welcome your participation.
For further details, please contact Head of Corporate Communications at TransAtlantic, Carina Dietmann, ph +46 (0) 31-763 2334.
Rederi AB TransAtlantic is a leading Swedish shipping company with headquarters in Gothenburg, Sweden and additional offices in Europe. The company is organized into two business areas: Industrial Shipping and Viking Supply Ships. The company has about 800 employees and the turnover in 2012 was MSEK 3,274. The Industrial Shipping business area consists of three divisions: Bulk, Container and RoRo. The company’s B-shares are listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm, Small Cap segment. www.rabt.se
TransAtlantic is obliged to make this information public according to the Financial Markets Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act (Sw: lagen om värdepappersmarknaden and lagen om handel med finansiella instrument). The information was submitted for publication on February 26, 2013 at 08.30 a.m.