Viking Supply Ships A/S Financial Report January-December 2012
In connection with the distribution of the TransAtlantic (RABT) Year-end report 2012, a separate financial report is published on Viking Supply Ships, one of TransAtlantic’s business areas and also a fully owned daughter company. Viking Supply Ships has issued a 5 year senior unsecured bond loan in the Norwegian capital market totaling 300 MNOK. The bond is listed on Oslo ABM.
TransAtlantic is organized in two business areas; Industrial Shipping with main operations in the Baltic Sea and Northern Europe through bulk-, container- and RoRo vessels, and Viking Supply Ships operating within ice breaking and offshore mostly in Arctic and subarctic areas. Industrial Shipping has its headquarters in Gothenburg, Sweden and Viking Supply Ships has its headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Total revenue for Q4 2012 was NOK 207 M, with an EBITDA of NOK 21 M. Total revenue for full year 2012 was NOK 898 M, with an EBITDA of NOK 183 M.
- As expected the Q4 operating results have decreased compared to the Q3 operating results. The results are negatively impacted by a soft spot market for both the AHTS and the PSV fleet and a lack of fresh term activity and seasonal projects.
- Viking Supply Ships has a clear focus on increasing the number of vessels on term contracts in order to improve the earnings stability. As a result of this 3 AHTS vessels were on term contracts in Q4 compared to 1 AHTS vessel at the beginning of 2012.
- The average utilization for the AHTS fleet in Q4 was 60 % and 73 % for the PSV fleet.
- Odin Viking was sold on a sale- and leaseback transaction for a duration of 8 years.
The financial report is available in its entirety on www.vikingsupply.com and www.rabt.se
For further information, please contact:
CEO Viking Supply Ships Christian W. Berg: ph + 45 41 77 83 80.
Rederi AB TransAtlantic is a leading Swedish shipping company with headquarters in Gothenburg, Sweden and additional offices in Europe. The company is organized into two business areas: Industrial Shipping and Viking Supply Ships. The company has about 800 employees and the turnover in 2012 was MSEK 3,274. The Industrial Shipping business area consists of three divisions: Bulk, Container and RoRo. The company’s B-shares are listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm, Small Cap segment. www.rabt.se
TransAtlantic is obliged to make this information public according to the Financial Markets Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act (Sw: lagen om värdepappersmarknaden and lagen om handel med finansiella instrument). The information was submitted for publication on February 26, 2013 at 08.31 a.m.