Wassara is displaying the water-powered drilling technology at Bauma 2013
Meet Wassara at Bauma, Hall B3 and booth 213. In the booth, company experts will show how the technology that’s been used in over 20 years in the mines has been adapted for use in construction, dams and exploration drilling. Characteristics of the technology include reduced environmental impact, high precision and lower energy consumption.
The water-powered drilling uses plain water, no additives. The water itself gives sufficient lubrication to the equipment, which is one environmental advantage of the water-powered drilling technology. Air-powered drilling equipment often uses oil for lubrication. After lubrication, the oil is released to the borehole.
– Our water-powered drilling technology gives minimal environmental impact, says Stefan Swartling, Marketing Director at LKAB Wassara. Furthermore, both the power consumption and CO2 emissions are less than traditional drilling with compressed air.
One reason to the low energy consumption is that water is more direct than air. Compressing air is simply not an energy efficient operation.
Wassaras drilling technology is very suitable in sensitive urban environments as well as in dam rehabilitation, where safety requirements are high. The water-powered drilling technology is prescribed in many urban environments.
– Behind the technology is, of course, intensive development, work that has resulted in a completely unique product, says Stefan Swartling. Besides long straight boreholes, our technology offers advantages such as high productivity, high borehole highest quality and minimal environmental impact.
Products, solutions and several case studies will be presented in the Wassara booth at Bauma in Munich, Germany. Some examples of demanding applications where the water-powered drilling has been superior:
• The salvage of the capsized cruise liner Costa Concordia in Italy
• The rehabilitation of the large Wolf Creek dam in the USA
• Drilling for geothermal heating system in water-rich formation in Malmö, Sweden
• The Swedish mining company LKAB
Welcome to see us in hall B3, stand no. 213
LKAB Wassara AB
Kent Boström, Communications Manager
Mobile phone: 46 70 606 0263
About LKAB Wassara:
LKAB Wassara is a Swedish company developing and manufacturing unique water-powered drilling systems for high performance in surface- as well as underground drilling operations. The heart of the Wassara drilling system is the world patented water-powered down-the-hole hammer.
The drilling systems have been used for more than 20 years in various applications within many industries; mining, exploration, ground engineering, dams, geothermal, marine, oil & gas storage. Our experience covers more than 25 million drilled meters working in different locations around the world.