Wihlborgs’Sustainability Report 2015
The sustainability work is more integrated into the business operations
Reduced energy consumption by 4 percent even though the lettable area increased, continual work with environmental certification of properties, continued low absence due to illness and a high ranking on the AllBright list − all this and much more is presented in Wihlborgs’ Sustainability Report for 2015.
“For us, a long-term approach is the foundation for profitable business,” says Anders Jarl, CEO of Wihlborgs Fastigheter. “This means that sustainability issues, in terms of both environmental and economic sustainability, are always top priority,” concludes Jarl.
During the year, a number of interviews were conducted with Wihlborgs’ stakeholders and a compilation of these has resulted in a new framework consisting of four areas identified as most important by our stakeholders; Sustainable properties, Responsible business transactions, Attractive employer and Engagement in the region and in society.
During 2015, a number of different activities were carried out, which are presented in the report. Among other things, Wihlborgs has:
- Reduced its total energy consumption by 4 percent, even though the lettable area increased.
- The number of green leases increased by about 60 percent.
- Certified six properties according to Sweden Green Building Council’s rating (gold, silver and bronze) in connection with new construction or property conversions.
- Received an environmenal award for the jointly-owned construction project Max IV, a research facility for producing synchrotron light in Lund.
- Placed 5th in the AllBright foundation’s ranking of Sweden’s most equal listed companies and in first place among Large Cap companies.
- Through target-oriented health and wellness work, the already low absence due to illness decreased further to 1.31 percent (1.58).
- Participated in projects including Good Malmö, Boost by Rosengård, Start By Rosengård and Drivkraft Helsingborg.
- Updated sponsorship policy with engagement in and focus on local initiatives.
This year’s sustainability report was produced in accordance with the new guidelines, GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) G4 and was reviewed by the external auditors.
The Sustainability Report for 2015 is published on Wihlborgs’ website, www.wihlborgs.se.
Wihlborgs Fastigheter AB (publ)
Anna Nambord, Director of HR & CSR, +46 (0)769 42 90 06
Margareta Lantz, Director Communication and Marketing, +46 (0)733 71 1712 12
Wihlborgs Fastigheter AB (publ) is a property company that focuses on commercial properties in the Öresund region. Its property portfolio is located in Malmö, Helsingborg, Lund and Copenhagen.
In Malmö, Lund and Helsingborg, Wihlborgs is the leading property company. The book value for the Company’s properties totals SEK 28,6 billion. The annual rental value of the properties is SEK 2,3 billion. Wihlborgs shares are quoted on the Large Cap List of the Nasdaq Stockholm.