CEDIA AWARDS 2014 RAISES OVER £4,000 FOR TOGETHER FOR SHORT LIVES
CEDIA (the Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association) has revealed that this year’s CEDIA Awards has successfully raised £4,005 for Together for Short Lives.
“Our industry has once again out done itself and has been extremely generous by taking part in the raffle and buying tickets to attend the CEDIA Awards,” explains Wendy Griffiths, CEDIA’s Region 1 Executive Director. “Together for Short Lives is a great charity and is one that is well known by many in the industry due to the link with Together for Cinema. We are delighted to have raised from the event more than £4,000 for the charity.”
The Association organised a raffle and a silent auction on behalf of Together for Short Lives which was well supported by the industry. In addition, CEDIA donated £5 from the sale of every ticket to the charity.
CEDIA would like to thank everyone who donated a raffle prize including:
• Aldous Systems: Voco V-Spot
• Andrew Lucas: Fibaro Home Technology System including Home Center Lite, Motion Sensor, Dimmer, Dual Relay and Door / Window Sensor
• Arcam: airDAC Airplay and UPnP Digital to Analogue Converter
• Armour Home Electronics: Q Acoustic Concept 20 speakers and stands
• AWE: KEF V300 Digital TV Sound System
• Beckenham Business Systems: 2 x weekend hospitality suite passes to a British Superbike race at Brands Hatch in October
• Bowers & Wilkins: P7 Headphones
• Clarke Infinity: 1 night deluxe stay at Wivenhoe House Hotel plus cream tea
• Crestron: Apple iPad Air and Accessories
• Face To Face Digital: 2 x pairs of Monitor Audio BX-1 bookshelf speakers
• Habitech: NuVo Grand Concerto and Grand Concerto Expander Multi-room Audio
• Invision UK: LG 47LN578V 47" Smart TV
• JVC: RV-53DBB Portable Boomblaster
• Legrand Electric Ltd / Asheridge: Ferrari F430 experience drive at Silverstone
• Legrand Electric Ltd / Habitech: Supercar Fantastic Four driving experience
• Monitor Audio: Monitor Audio ASB-2 Soundbar
• Prestige Audio Visual: A flight for two in a 1940s Dragon Rapide over the University City of Cambridge
• Pulse Marketing: A champagne and popcorn film night at Pulse HQ for 8 people
• Rako Controls: iPad Mini
• RGB Communications: iPad Mini
• SIM2: Paradigm CT100 5.1 HTB Speaker package
• Smartcomm: LG 37" LCD TV
• Sonos: Sonos playbar, sub and bridge
• West London AV Solutions: B&W P5 Headphones
• Wyrestorm: Theatre Trip
CEDIA also held a silent auction, providing guests with the chance to win a signed England Rugby shirt which was kindly donated by Together for Short Lives. The winning bid was for £1,000.
Together for Short Lives is the leading UK charity for children with life-threatening and life-limiting conditions and all those who support, love and care for them. From the moment of diagnosis, for whatever life holds, the charity helps to ensure that families make the most of their precious time together.
“I am delighted that CEDIA choose to support Together for Short Lives through their recent industry Awards Dinner” commented Stephen Ballantyne, Director of Fundraising at Together for Short Lives. “It looked like a great evening, and to have raised over £4,000 for the charity is a fantastic achievement. We rely on the support of the public to be able to deliver our work, and I am extremely grateful for CEDIA’s support and wonderful donation.”
More than 300 guests attended the CEDIA Awards 2014 which was held in the majestic surroundings of the Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich on Friday 11th July. The scheme attracted over 150 impressive entries from 16 different countries, all competing for the best media room, home cinema, integrated home, super yacht and other category prizes. The successful winners and highly commended projects have been captured in the CEDIA Awards 2014 yearbook. The yearbook celebrates the hard work and creativity put into every project with impressive imagery, project synopsis and kit lists included. The Awards yearbook is available to download from www.cediaawards.org.
CEDIA is the Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association, an international trade organisation spanning three continents with a global membership of over 3,500 companies. Its members specialise in the planning, design, supply, installation, integration, concealment and control of automated electronic systems for the modern, intelligent home. They can install anything from multi-room audio systems and home cinemas to complete home networks and sub-systems which intelligently control lighting, security, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), and even garden features, such as lighting and watering. For more information on CEDIA, visit the association’s website at www.cedia.co.uk. Follow @CEDIA_region1 on Twitter, find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CEDIA.Region1, or join the CEDIA group on LinkedIn.
For more information, please contact:
Matt Nimmons or Shereen Russell
Operations Director Wildwood PR Ltd
CEDIA UK The Stables
Unit 2 Meadow Court
Phoenix Park Faygate Lane
St Neots Faygate
Cambridgeshire West Sussex
PE19 8EP RH12 4SJ
Tel: 01480 213744 Tel: 01293 851115