Panasonic Champions PRO Award Winners at the K Club, Dublin
Winners in the European Panasonic PRO Awards from the UK and Ireland have just returned from an event at the world-renowned K-Club in Dublin. The Panasonic PRO Awards, judged by an independent judging panel, celebrates excellence across Europe in the design, specification, installation and commissioning of projects where Panasonic heating and cooling systems were installed.
Installers, distributors, contractors and developers from across the UK and Ireland gathered for the prize-giving as well as 18 holes of golf on the marvellous Arnold Palmer course. The K Club, also known as the Kildare Hotel and Golf Club, came to world prominence when it was the venue for the 2006 Ryder Cup and millions of TV viewers across the globe were able to appreciate the beautiful course and setting.
According to Marc Diaz, Panasonic Country Manager UK & Ireland, this stunning setting was the ideal venue to reward the businesses which have played a starring role in Panasonic’s success in the region: “I’m so pleased that we were able to celebrate with our local winners of the PRO Awards 2015 at the K Club in Ireland. Our party was able to experience 18 holes on the Arnold Palmer course - and what an experience it was - and then relax in the clubhouse afterwards and toast the winners and their achievements. Panasonic is a global business with a local flavour and we made sure that following the golf our award winners and guests were able to sample the hospitality that Dublin is justly famous for.”
PRO Partners from the UK and Ireland were awarded prestigious prizes in four categories judged by independent judges, including Best Residential Project in a Multi-dwelling, Best Residential Project in Social Housing, Best Restaurant Project and a Special Award for Best Contribution.
- The Mulberry Properties’ Straffan Manor Development in Kildare, Ireland won the award for Best Residential Project in the multi-dwelling category. Panasonic products were supplied by Heat Merchants and installed by Mick O’Shea Heating and Plumbing, the project is a great example of how heat pumps and PV can work together to deliver energy savings.
- South East renewables company, Ecosphere Renewables was awarded Best Residential Project in the Social Housing category for its ambitious Wealden District project. Education and communication with tenants lead to the success of the project, as Ecosphere Renewables ensured that the benefits of heat pump systems were widely known within the community.
- The Best Restaurant Project award was bestowed to FWP UK Ltd, for their innovative project at Carluccios Italian restaurant chain in which the installation they delivered was noted for its “simple, intelligent and effective” solution. Panasonic Distributor Oceanair supplied the products.
- A Special Award for Best Contribution was awarded to PRO Partner, Tech Refrigeration and Air Conditioning in Ireland for their three outstanding entries in the Commercial Air Conditioning category; the Smurfit Kappa, Savills HQ Dublin and Google Block R projects.
The winner of each category was also presented with the prize of a trip to Japan to visit the Panasonic global Headquarters and to the ground-breaking Fujisawa Sustainable Smart Town. Fujisawa SST, as it’s known, is a model for an environmentally-minded urban area. Located 37 miles from Tokyo, with about 400,000 residents, the smart town-within-a-city is built on the vacant lot of a former Panasonic factory and its infrastructure and services are driven by sustainable sources. The development demonstrates energy efficiency measures such as solar power generation and battery storage systems, and showcases the synergies between cutting-edge technology and a ‘greener’ way of living, making it a fascinating and unique place to visit.
The PRO Award winners in full:
• Best Residential Project (single dwelling)
- Procyon, Poland - H3 Grande
• Best Residential Project (multi-dwelling)
- Heat Merchants,Ireland - Straffan Manor Development
• Best Residential Project (social housing)
- Ecosphere Renewables, UK - Wealden District
• Best Hotel Installation
- BS-Klima, Germany - Hotel Europa Park
• Best Retail Project
- Hydra Ingenieria SL, Spain - Lo + Fit
• Best Restaurant Project
- FWP and Oceanair, UK - Carluccios
• Best Commercial Air Conditioning Project
- Vini Thermo Consulting, France - Maîtrise des Temp Vinicole
- Special Award for Best contribution
- Tech, Ireland - Smurfit Kappa, Savills HQ Dublin & Google Block R
For further information, please contact:
Wildwood PR Ltd
Tel: 01293 851115
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, enterprise solutions and device industries. Since its founding in 1918, the company has expanded globally and now operates 468 subsidiaries and 94 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of 7.715 trillion yen for the year ended March 31, 2015. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global.