Xyleme unveils Pastiche for Amazon Kindle Fire
The end-to-end solution that is redefining blended learning is now available for the Android platform
Boulder, CO; May 10, 2012 – Xyleme, Inc. continues its first-to-market reputation with their latest product release, the popular Pastiche® now available for the Android platform in addition to the iPad. The first Android release is for the game changing Amazon Kindle Fire and will be followed by general support for other Android OS tablets.
Pastiche is the industry’s first application that allows organizations to offer a complete blended learning environment on a single tablet, quickly and cost-effectively. Amazon Kindle Fire and other tablets with smaller footprints have taken a strong position at the lower end of the market, creating a new category of low cost, no-frills tablets that will propel many organizations to finally deploy tablets at the enterprise level.
With Pastiche for Android:
- You can control how your content is distributed through user and group permissions
- You can deliver content updates at any time seamlessly
- Your learners decide how to interact with the content without any imposed limitations
Offered at the $200 price point, the Kindle Fire is a market and education disruptor. “The economics of going totally paperless using the Pastiche Kindle Fire app by giving every employee or student a tablet is now a viable alternative to printing” commented Jeff Katzman, Xyleme Founder and CLO.
Pastiche allows you to leverage existing textbooks, eLearning, assessments and performance support materials to rapidly create and deploy engaging and interactive Android and iPad apps, and present to your learners in any of the following ways:
- READ ME: A powerful eBook reader that allows learners to highlight, bookmark and annotate content for later reference.
- SHOW ME: A player for audio, video and interactive media where learners watch, interact and explore training content.
- QUIZ ME: An assessment engine where learners can test their knowledge. It provides support with feedback, hints and advice. Pastiche™ can be configured to report the results back to your LMS.
- HELP ME: Performance support to pinpoint and deliver relevant pieces of information to your learners when they need it and wherever they are.
“Pastiche provides your organization a means to manage, and distribute the most relevant and current digital content to your users anywhere they are, on their iPad or Android tablet,” added Katzman.
Pastiche is powered by Xyleme LCMS, the platform that sets the standard for content reusability. It gives organizations the power to transform existing course materials into interactive tablet apps at a low cost and much more quickly with app development speed at 60-90 days.
“With the ability to present, navigate and search for content in so many different contexts, learners can fully control how they want to explore the content. It’s no longer about building courses and job aids, it’s moving to a new model with content available in many contexts to meet individual needs. Acting quickly on this new paradigm is the key to gaining competitive advantage” responded Mark Hellinger, President and CEO of Xyleme.
The Pastiche for Kindle Fire App
1+ 303. 817.7137
Xyleme, Inc. is the leader in standards-based learning solutions that enable single-source publishing and personalized delivery of training content. Xyleme’s suite of products is powered by Xyleme LCMS, the industry’s most efficient content development platform for the rapid reuse of content across all types of print, eLearning, tablet and mobile outputs. BravaisTM is Xyleme’s cloud-based content delivery solution that enables personalized learning experiences via specialized apps that can be delivered to any device. Pastiche® is Xyleme’s end-to-end solution for rapidly deploying interactive tablet applications.