COUNTRYSIDE LIVE FAST FACTS
Held on Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 October 2013.
- This year will be the 11th Countryside Live. It is the little sister event to the annual rural showcase, Great Yorkshire Show
- The event includes competitive classes, demonstrations of country skills, ring displays, have a go activities and stands selling everything from cheese to country clothing.
- It is organised by the Yorkshire Agricultural Society (YAS) and takes place at the Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate, HG2 8NZ.
- Web site address is www.countrysidelive.co.uk
- Last year’s Countryside Live attracted a record breaking crowd of 12,061.
- Competitive entries for 2012 – a record 3,184 with classes for cattle and sheep, equine, pigeons, poultry, honey and farriery.
- New for 2013 –
- Displays from the Tailwagger Dog Team
- Carriage driving competition organised by the North Eastern Driving Trials (Saturday)
- Chainsaw carving demonstrations
- Other attractions include:
- Search for Britain’s Top Show Jumper competition
- Have a go archery
- The Sheep Show
- Ferret Racing
- Birds of Prey displays
- One Man & His Pig competition
- Sheepdog Demonstrations with Carole & Philip Mellin from TV’s “The Dales”
- Chance to drive mini diggers and earth moving equipment with Diggerland
- Horticultural show & flower arrangement classes, courtesy of Knaresborough Horticultural Society.
- Show Director: Bill Cowling & Chief Executive, Nigel Pulling
- Opening Times: 9am – 5.30pm.
- Tickets are available on the gates or in advance (see the website for details)
- Car parking is free and extensive
- Dogs, other than assistance dogs, are not allowed on the showground.
COUNTRYSIDE LIVE TICKET PRICES
Tickets are available at the event and in advance (booking deadline: Friday 11 October)
|In Advance||On the Gate|
|Children (5 – 18 yrs)||£4||£5|
|Family (2 adults & up to 3 children)||£22||£28|
28 August, 2013
Judy Thompson, PR Manager, Yorkshire Agricultural Society – 01423 546215 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply for press passes to Countryside Live, please complete the online application form on our website, by 11thOctober 2013 – http://countrysidelive.co.uk/media/press-passes
YORKSHIRE AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY:
The Yorkshire Agricultural Society was formed in 1837 and is a charity dedicated to supporting the farming industry and rural life. This ranges from educational initiatives to the Society’s Nuffield Scholarships to hosting the Yorkshire Rural Support Network. The Society is based at the Regional Agricultural Centre, Harrogate; the RAC includes Fodder, the Society’s award winning regional food shop and café which opened in June 2009.
The Society is the organiser of the annual farming and country showcase, the Great Yorkshire Show and its sister event, Countryside Live. Both take place at the Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate, North Yorkshire and are flagship events for agriculture and rural life. Dates for the next Countryside Live are Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 October and the 2014 Great Yorkshire Show runs from Tuesday 8 – Thursday 10 July. See also www.yas.co.uk and www.greatyorkshireshow.co.uk