Trademark Clearing House opens for registration March 26, 2103
ICANN has announced the launch date for the Trademark Clearinghouse to March 26, 2013.
The purpose of the Trademark Clearing House (TMCH) is to protect intellectual property rights when the new generic Top Level Domain (gTLDs) program will be launched. The clearing house will be open to all trademark holders and will be operated by Deloitte (performing the verification services) and IBM (providing the database).
The first new Top Level Domains are expected to roll out during Q3,2013.
We recommend our clients and other trademark owners to:
- Consider registering your (registered) trademarks with the so called "Trademark Clearing House". Zacco already holds all the trademark data for our clients which is needed to file a trademark in the Trademark Clearing House and will assist with the filing process as soon as the Trademark Clearing House opens.
If you are not already a Zacco client, please contact us for further assistance with your registration/s.
For questions on the new Top Level Domains or domain names in general, don’t hesitate to consult:
- Isaac Keren (Sweden) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lone Prehn (Denmark) email@example.com
- Ane Strand Nilssen (Norway) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nils Köster (Germany) email@example.com
- Wim Claassen (Netherlands) firstname.lastname@example.org
Zacco is a leading European consultancy within Intellectual Property with approx. 500 employees, many of whom are European Patent, Trademark and/or Design Attorneys. Zacco covers all technical and legal areas within intellectual property and assists clients with technical, legal and strategic advice, including handling of conflicts and litigation. In addition to assistance in protecting intellectual property rights, Zacco also offers its clients strategic advice aimed at increasing their competitive edge through a professional exploitation of these rights. Zacco has fourteen offices in five European countries (Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany and the Netherlands). Visit www.zacco.com for further information