Zenterio Reports First Quarter 2015
January – March 2015
- Deployed license base
- The VAS (value added services) enabled license base grew by 16% in the first quarter, adding some 240 thousand licenses to an accumulated base of 1.7 million
- The total license base grew by 9% in the first quarter, adding some 240 thousand licenses to the accumulated base of 3.0 million
- Net sales and other operating income in the quarter increased 194% year-on-year to SEK 38.0 million (SEK 12.9 million)
- EBITDA in the quarter were SEK -19.2 million (SEK -21.9 million)
- Net result in the quarter was SEK -27.6 million (SEK -27.6 million)
- March 20, 2015, Zenterio announced a new partnership agreement with the specialist digital agency AdScribe, whereby Zenterio has also become a strategic investor in the company.
- January 30, 2015, Zenterio acquired the assets and liabilities of software development and consultancy firm VTilt Digital, now Zenterio Inc.
Important post-closing events
- May 27, 2015, Zenterio closed a financing round and issued convertible bonds in the amount of SEK 31.5 million. The main part of the financing is from the largest shareholder Scope and the rest from other existing shareholders.
- April 27, 2015, Zenterio announced that it will deliver its independent operating system Zenterio OS to Deutsche Telekom, to be deployed in Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Croatia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Greece.
- April 1, 2015, Zenterio announced that the Board of Directors of the company has appointed Jörgen Nilsson as CEO as of April 2, 2015, and that the company plans for an IPO during 2015.
“Zenterio continues to grow and I feel very excited about the opportunity to lead Zenterio’s transformation into a more commercially driven business. Via acquisitions, both last year and the recent ones in the US and UK, we have added important knowledge, experience and capacity that give Zenterio a unique position in the market. My main focus going forward is to establish profitability, increase competiveness and improve customer satisfaction”, says Jörgen Nilsson, CEO of Zenterio.
For full CEO comment and report please visit: http://www.zenterio.com/investor-relations/
For more information, please contact:
Mattias Arnelund; CFO
Phone: +46 70-789 5812
Zenterio provides Zenterio OS, an independent software platform for interactive TV that is positioned to become a global standard. Zenterio also offers consulting services and a value added service offering to pay TV operators. Zenterio partners with global system integrators, set-top box suppliers, CA/DRM providers, chipset manufacturers and providers of interactive services. Zenterio has more than 200 employees (25 nationalities). Zenterio has offices in Stockholm, Linköping and Atlanta. Zenterio is owned by private investors and private equity firm Scope. The chairman of the board is former Nokia CEO Mr. Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo. Visit zenterio.com
About Zenterio OS
Zenterio’s operating system works with most types of hardware available on the market. For TV operators, Zenterio's software enables fast harmonization of operators’ fragmented software bases, and it can be used on new and already deployed hardware. With a harmonized solution, operators can quickly and cost-effectively deliver new interactive services to end customers. Besides unrivalled hardware support, Zenterio's software offers market-leading performance and a flexible way to add new features. For system integrators, Zenterio's products facilitate uniform support for their new solutions that enable TV operators’ interactive services. For TV viewers, this means improved experiences, an increased range of services, and greater access to new applications.